hh asym.
    Tarp
    cooke custom
    Insulation
    exped, down bag.
    Suspension
    nylon straps.

hh asym oversized tarp.

anyone use this tarp? it cost around 70$, it's twice the size of the hh stock rain fly. like to hear your reviews, thanks.

Hammock
    HH Expedition + ukhammocks Woodsman
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    CCF Mat
    Suspension
    HH Exp. stock
    Yep, it's a good tarp.I bought it to 'upgrade' the standard HH tarp. I still use that one if I think it's not going to rain or if I want to travel light but the bigger tarp is great if weight is not a problem or you are spending some time in camp and want something you can peg out and cook under etc. It's good to have two tarps knocking around anyway.

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp.
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.5'x12'
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am assuming you are talking about the HH Hex Tarp. I do not use it but both my boys have it with their hammocks and it is a nice tarp. A little on the heavy side but a good tarp with great coverage.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuban
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speedhooks
    I use it over in New Zealand where the weather can be quite changeable. Its got good coverage to camp under when its wet and it has stood up to a fair pounding from the wind on more than a few occasions. I have the corner tie outs with the rubber bungees on as shock absorbers - like the ones that Opie talks about on this forum.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    If you're referring to the hex tarp, that's my "go to" as it came with my HH Explorer Deluxe.

Great tarp, great coverage, and while it is a bit heavy for some folks, one other advantage to it is that he's PU-coated. That means that even in the worst rains, you won't get any "misting" under the tarp like you typically do with silnylon.

As far as it being too heavy for some...for me, I'd been carrying military equipment for years. I've already lightened my load up to the point where a few ounces here or there don't mean nearly as much to me.

If weight is your main factor, you probably don't want this. If cost is your main factor, it's probably the best tarp for the buck as far as coverage goes.

Hammock
    hh asym.
    Tarp
    cooke custom
    Insulation
    exped, down bag.
    Suspension
    nylon straps.

tie up.

i see with the hex tarp there are 2 longer lines to tie to the trees. does the tarp tie up tight enough with the 2 separate lines. i am use to a canoe camping tarp that has one ridge line. my hh stock tarp of course fastens to the hh, but the new hex will hang above. your thoughts please. thks.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Theoretically the HH Hex attaches to your HH hammock the same way as the asym tarp. Realistically, that doesn't work out well for most folks, since it tends to create a lot of sag in the tarp when you lay down in the hammock.

The lines on the ends of the hex tarp are probably long enough to tie off to the trees, but most folks usually use a different line...the stock ones on the HH aren't very strong/thick. They'd likely wear relatively quickly, again, in my opinon.

I don't use a ridgeline with my hex tarp...I just attach additional cordage to the d-rings on the ends of the tarp, and use Fig 9s to tension them to the trees.

Images
    There are ( or were ) 2 HH Hex tarps. One is Sil Nylon and has a 12 ft RL and weighs 19 oz.

The other is made of something else ( PU coated nylon? ), and the one I used to have had an 11 ft RL and weighed about 23 oz and cost less.

Both work quite well.

Hammock
    hh asym.
    Tarp
    cooke custom
    Insulation
    exped, down bag.
    Suspension
    nylon straps.

first tarp hang

i just replaced the stock hh rope and put on good 1/8 ccs rope, grabbed a couple of knotbones, and hung the tarp. went up fast, great overall coverage.
    i will take my stock hh tarp as a backup next month in the bwca. thks for posting.

• + New Posts