Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    I agree with Randy in some ways. What is the point? Is this to warn future customers? Or scold Adam and Jen for their faults. Small business is tough, even tougher in growth/success. It is a shame about the communination issues that yall have had. Id understand a "warning shot" if you had lost out on money or products but your only out a deal. I have had small issues in my 6 custom orders from HG and have had nothing but success in the end. Theyve always went the extra mile to make things right or better. Also I chose to handle mine privately, just my style. Feb and March was a crazy time for them it sounds like. Im sure with their new growth they are planning for a smoother customer service. Have you tried calling? Maybe things and feelings could be better relayed.

Support small business, they strive for perfection but its possible to have a horror story or two. Just what it is. Im sure theyll make it right....or there is REI

Hammock
    WB Blackbird dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Just to add to my prior post, I should have mentioned that I currently have 2 UQ's and a TQ on order from HG. I was made aware that this is their busy season from posts in this forum, so I made sure to place my order well in advance of when I needed them.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd01810 View Post
    Just to add to my prior post, I should have mentioned that I currently have 2 UQ's and a TQ on order from HG. I was made aware that this is their busy season from posts in this forum, so I made sure to place my order well in advance of when I needed them.
    Excellent Logic!!

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    Sir, this is complete bullcrap

Hammock
    DD Traveler + GT UL
    Tarp
    DD+HH sil UL
    Insulation
    DD UQ + CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Is 6 weeks well enough in advance? Because from the OP it seems that is how long he's been trying to get this tarp.

If you think it's NOT, you're entitled to your opinion... but I don't see the problem with the author of the thread sharing his story.

Saying "he's only out a deal" is small thinking. He could have spent that 6 weeks getting a similar, different tarp from someone who could fill the order. Time=money, yes? He's not ordering the tarp because he doesn't want it or need it, he's ordering it because he does. My time is worth something and so is the OP's.

Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd01810 View Post

Hammock
    DIY - HH - ENO
    Tarp
    OES - HG
    Insulation
    DIY - HG
    Suspension
    WS - AHE
    Images
    Thanks, taylo - I appreciate Officer Cartman policing my thread!

And I appreciate all of the responses (even the negative ones!) just like current/potential customers appreciate hearing about others' experiences (both positive and negative). As far as a "point," I think the point of sharing my experience is similar to sharing a work story with your spouse or posting a trip report on a hiking forum - the point is to simply share.

Either way, thanks for contributing to the conversation!

I am not scolding anyone, or attempting to dissuade potential customers. The intended purpose of this thread is to provide readers with an opportunity to hear my experience. I have purchased numerous products from Adam & Jen, and will certainly purchase more products in the future. I ordered the product knowing that I would have to wait, and that the wait would be worthwhile - and I'm not complaining about that. I am simply aggravated by the situation; the lack of communication and failure to fulfill promises is frustrating.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Tis the season we all want to hang and backpack....and Tis the season of the tax returns,,,and Tis the season everybody in the cottage industry is all busy...and tis the season we all want our orders fulfilled as fast as possible because waiting is a absolute biochie! And I know,,cause I ordered a cuben tarp,,but with the deal Stormcrow gave me,,I will wait till hell freezes if need be! And also wait impatiently,,probably get alittle wet using a backup tarp that is diamond shaped,,lmao,,,but don't really mind one bit as I know all good things comes to those that wait..
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Bummer of an experience hope all works out for ya. But having ordered countless quilts and 1 Cuben tarp (that I am currently waiting for) I can honestly say that I know what it means to wait for Hammock Gear to arrive .

However despite that fact I have stayed tried and true to Hammock Gear for over the past two years and plan on continuing to do so. However I hear ya thegreatjesse, as you mentioned "the lack of communication and failure to fulfill promises is frustrating" yes at times, however IMHO the wait has always been well worth it and Adam and Jenny have always done what is needed to make things right in the end. Now I am not making excuses however knowing Adam and Jenny personally I do believe they always try their best to do whats right as do all the vendors around here on HF do. Hope this all works out for you and thank you for sharing your experience it may help prevent someone else's frustration in the future.

Cheers to getting your new gear out on the trail soon,
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    It will work out bud. I have gotten free stuff from them to compensate before. You are dealing with the coolest cottage couple out there. I would give them a ring. They don't mind talking to you in person. Adam probably wont see this thread for a while.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    It always works out great in the end. Always does...hang on everybody, and enjoy life...its too short to be a biochie!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast