Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The video about using the hammock in chair mode does not show all the instructions. On the "in action" page they say to unhook a side tie out. grasp the reinforcement patch with your left hand. Fold the hammock in half by pushing the o-ring to the other side of the hammock and sit on it like that. same general idea for lounger mode. Fold the hammock in half.

I don't have my system set up so I can't try it out, but I plan to the next time I get the chance.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    The video about using the hammock in chair mode does not show all the instructions. On the "in action" page they say to unhook a side tie out. grasp the reinforcement patch with your left hand. Fold the hammock in half by pushing the o-ring to the other side of the hammock and sit on it like that. same general idea for lounger mode. Fold the hammock in half.

I don't have my system set up so I can't try it out, but I plan to the next time I get the chance.
    I think that you will find that this method works great. I do this often when I make camp early. I just lie in the HH lounger style and read a book. When it's time to eat I just sit up and use the HH as a chair while I cook.

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    I tried this folding in half technique on the weekend and found the ridgeline a pain in the neck
    Is it just as simple cutting the ridgeline and tie a biner on one end and a loop on the other?
    Does the binner need to be a rated climbing one? a strong one?
    Thanks
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Ship it to the states and let 2Q and ZQ szipper mod it....

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    HI
    I don't think I am going to pay about US$50 in shipping alone to have that mod done
    And it's the ridgeline I need to mod not the bugnet
    But thanks
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunn parker View Post
    I tried this folding in half technique on the weekend and found the ridgeline a pain in the neck
    Is it just as simple cutting the ridgeline and tie a biner on one end and a loop on the other?
    Does the binner need to be a rated climbing one? a strong one?
    Thanks
    I cut my ridgeline and tied on a a big honkin' climbing biner. Yes, it's that simple. Then I changed over to a little Nite-Ize S-biner #4. Holding just fine.

Here's info on Nite-Ize S-biner off of BackbackingLight website.

-----------------------

The Nite-Ize S-Biner is a dual-gate accessory carabiner (not for climbing!) made of stainless steel with high-quality spring gates.

Nite-Ize underrates these little gems a ridiculous amount. We've sourced them primarily for winter tent guyline attachment and hanging bear bags (we now include the #1 as standard with our UrsaLite Bear Bag Hanging System). For example, the company specifies a strength rating of 5 lb for the #1, but we've tested it at 55 lbs. Not only did the 'biner hold the weight, its shape was not deformed at all. These little carabiners can hold much more weight than your standard keychain carabiners that weigh similar amounts.

Possible Uses:

Bear bag hanging
    Attaching guylines to shelters (especially in winter!)
    Attaching gear to packraft grab loops, packrafting PFDs, packs, belt loops, etc.
    Easier consolidation of keys, utensils, and other accessories with holes used for split rings.
    Locking two zipper sliders together for backpacks, travel duffels, suitcases, etc., consistent with TSA guidelines for non-locking luggage.

Specifications:
    #1: 1.56 x 0.56 in (4 x 1.4 cm) - 5 lb (2.3 kg)*
    #2: 2.00 x 0.88 in (5 x 2.2 cm) - 10 lb (4.5 kg)*
    #3: 2.63 x 1.13 in (6.7 x 2.9 cm) - 25 lb (11 kg)*
    #4: 3.50 x 1.50 in (8.9 x 3.8 cm) - 75 lb (33 kg)*
    #5: 4.38 x 1.94 in (11.1 x 3.3 cm) - 100 lb (45 kg)*

* What BPL has to say about Nite-Ize S-Biner Weight Ratings. These weight ratings are ridiculously conservative and we recommend that you completely ignore them. We hung 55lb (25kg) off a #1 and it didn't even budge, let alone fail.

-----------------------

I'd change it out if someone here says I'm being risky and will hit the ground sooner or later. Been there, done that, but not with this biner so far.

Anyone use a figure 9 carabiner or something like it? saw them in a catalog and was just wondering.

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I'd change it out if someone here says I'm being risky and will hit the ground sooner or later. Been there, done that, but not with this biner so far.
    Hi, thanks for that. Maybe I have over estimated the strenght needed for a ridgeline biner.
    Cheers
    Gunn
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Lots of folks have cut their ridgeline. I don't want to say my ridgeline is sloppy loose, but I hang my headlamp and camp shoes from it on minibiners and I can pull it down a few inches to make it easier to reach and detach the items when released it jumps back up.. I have experimented with hanging my HH like I would hang a hammock w/o a structural ridge. I find it easier and more consistent to hang it fairly high with a moderate tension on the ridge. There is not all that much force on it.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ok so I got my HH this morning and went out into the woods to try it out and set up the snake skins(thier free w/ online orders fyi).
    I must say it's wicked easy to set up and super comfy and can't to use it next weekend. But my question is about the little string arcoss the inside that has the pouch and keeps the fly off ya. When I sit on the hammcock as a seat it's tight across the top still and I can't lay in the hammock with out being inside. Is there a way to disconnect it so I can sit on it as a seat or a way to get around it?

thanX
    Andy
    Well, i use the hammock (expedition) on the outside as explained on the hennessy site and not find it as comfortable as inside but not awfull for taking a small nap or reading a book in hot climates. Since i started leaving the ridgeline looser, i'm also able to use it as a chair and use the netting for back support. I guess it would be different if i was a bigger person. Im small and thin, dont realy know the exact digits but a bit over 5 feet and 60 kg.

In this photo i was taking a nap. I always sleep with my legs in that "4 stance", but i can easily put both legs streched on the fabric and still have some remaining fabric. also, since the time that photo was taken i use the ridgeline looser and have a bit more room on the nettings side (rightside on the photo).
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12