Thread: Tarp Skins

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG

Tarp Skins

I have started running into some delays staying abreast of the new orders, even though I guess in the grand scheme there haven't been that many (around 20 so far). Due to day job commitments and other factors, I will likely have to keep making them in batches until the promotion is finished in May.

The wait times for each batch are posted when you place your order. The next batch will be finished on Thursday. They are a little more expensive now ($16 shipped) compared to what they were when I started ($14 shipped) due to some dumb math errors on my part. I underestimated the cost of materials. I hope people still feel like they are getting a square deal.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lymphocytosis View Post
    I hope people still feel like they are getting a square deal.
    I thought these were tubular...no way my tarp will fit in square tarp skins!!!!

I haven't personally ordered any tarp skins from you (although from what I've seen you make excellent product), but I think it's pretty cool that you proactively post that the production is a little slow and you're adjusting the price to account for material costs. It keeps any anxious clients well informed and shows your desire to keep the customer happy while being as transparent a vendor as possible. You're a class act, BD!

Quote Originally Posted by lymphocytosis View Post
    I have started running into some delays staying abreast of the new orders, even though I guess in the grand scheme there haven't been that many (around 20 so far). Due to day job commitments and other factors, I will likely have to keep making them in batches until the promotion is finished in May.

The wait times for each batch are posted when you place your order. The next batch will be finished on Thursday. They are a little more expensive now ($16 shipped) compared to what they were when I started ($14 shipped) due to some dumb math errors on my part. I underestimated the cost of materials. I hope people still feel like they are getting a square deal.

Thanks everyone for your patience.
    price is fine, just ordered a pair, and while there I helped myself to a few more things. Thanks for helping with the charity event.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I just got the last one I think, so looks like you will have to start making some more. I guess we are keeping you pretty busy. Good for business, but bad for hanging time.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    I just got the last one I think, so looks like you will have to start making some more. I guess we are keeping you pretty busy. Good for business, but bad for hanging time.
    I'm just volunteering my services, so it's not even good for business!

Thank you all for the support! Your response has been awesome.

EDIT: I have sold through the Monday batch. I will do another very small batch next week, but if those sell out before Monday I will close sales for a few days so I can catch up.
    Last edited by lymphocytosis; 04-05-2012 at 20:46.

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    My printer is on the fritz so I'm having to print all the labels for Monday now. I am working on the orders but don't get too excited, they aren't done yet! I will mail the Monday batch on Monday as promised.

• + New Posts