Hennesey Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Pads
    Suspension
    Stock Method

Hanging the Tarp

I need suggestions on the quickest and most efficient way to hang a hh hex fly. I just need an all around easier way to do it!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I use a continous ridgeline on my maccat, and have seen a few HH hex tarps done the same way. Throw up the line, hook the tarp to the prussiks, and then its a simple matter of sliding it where you want it. Quick, easy, and painless, but thats just my opinion. HYOH...or tarp as the case may be
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Me, I use a CRL.

One end has an overhand bight tied in with a mini 'biner from Wallyworld to go 'round the tree and clip back onto the line. The other end I tie off with a pair of slippery half-hitches.

The tarp itself is attached with the stock HH Prusik clips that came with my hammock. I had to change from a Prusik to a Klemheist with those, because the line I bought from Wallyworld was slightly too small in diameter for the clips to grip it with Prusiks.

Here's a video from my Ocala trip last summer that shows the basics of it starting at about 8:30:

Note that I've switched over to Velcro cable ties (the ones they use for data cable bundles) rather than the mossy net bag, and that I no longer use the trail twig as a tightener. I found that I didn't need to crank my CRL down that hard to the tree; instead, I tighten it a moderate amount and then move the Klemheists out on the CRL to tension the tarp. The Velcro ties were a convenience thing, and they let the tarp breathe a little better.

Hope it helps!

Hammock
    hennessy dj xl
    Tarp
    hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    standard hennessy
    I think the easiest way is to attach it to the suspension line for the hammock.

I decided I like a bit more head room so I tie mine separately either to some tree straps if the distance between the trees fits with the tarp or i have 100' feet of paracord to run a separate ridgeline.
    Right angles, horizontals, and perpendiculars.

Hammock
    Hennesey Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Pads
    Suspension
    Stock Method
    Alright thanks guys! And Tuna that is what i have been doing some, but like you said i need more head space and i like every little bit of airflow i can get!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Thinlight pad
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I don't have the hex fly, but with both the original asym tarp and a gear guide tarp, I use the same continuous ridge line. The ridge line has 4 prusiks in it, one for each end of the ridge line, and one for each end of the tarp. So far it works pretty well. Especially with the larger tarp, I can pitch it as high as I want, but with the smaller tarp, I still keep it close to the hammock.

I have not gotten as fancy as many here with ways to pack and deploy your tarp and ridge line from one bishop sack or set of snake skins. As a result, my tarp is not as quickly deployed as some, bu it is not difficult to set up at all. Just not super fast. But it's easy to slide the prusiks around and recenter the tarp.

Hammock
    DIY Pertex
    Tarp
    DIY with doors on
    Insulation
    Down and synthetic
    Suspension
    Whoopies & hooks
    I have a homemade hook on one end of the RL, a Dutch Fly (z) on the other.

Prusiks keep it centred

Cleats hold the tie out cords, these are experimental but have worked great so far with 1.5mm line (1mm slips).

My cords are attached to the stakes so the tie outs can't tangle in the wind and I can't lose any more ti stakes.

I carry it like this in the mesh pocket of my GG Mariposa. Stakes and lines store in the red stuff sack and clip onto my whoopies with a mitten hook in case I need to double stake in the night.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    I have just been using the stock ridge-lines that came on my HH Hex. Go around the tree through the plastic loop on the tarp and tie a taught-line hitch.
    A nice simple easy to adjust and tension set-up that creates the vee at the tree for your hammock suspension to pass through.
    I considered adding a separate ridge-line but decided I did not want to deal with the extra hardware.

Just like this...http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=16650

• + New Posts