BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by SnrMoment View Post

Waiting. I recently ordered a BIAS Micro custom made.
    Snr:

We got a little backed up, but yours is expected to ship out tomorrow... you should have it Saturday or Monday at the latest.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    HH-BULA, ENO SN
    Tarp
    BlueCat, GI Poncho
    Insulation
    Ridgerest+Down Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Rolloff, you wouldn't happen to be a copywriter/proofreader would you? (re: your ink)

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    How very observant!

But actually no.

My wife Anita, and I both come from a long line of teachers, writers. journalists. and musicians. Mother and brother on my side. Father and sister on her's. Anita does short stories and treatments, as well as writing and performing her own music. Not sure what it is i write, but it gets published over a mt dulcimer and broadcast to small gatherings at random and in unpredictable quantities.

Many people comment on the ink, because it is a bit unique, but few pick up on the meaning. The design is one that came to Anita in a dream, like most of her best ideas do. The word is, one, that obviously meant something to both of us, as well describes how we feel about each other and the union

It is what we settled upon as both wedding vow and ring. Hard to lose and even harder to forget
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    CCF pad and 40 degree syn bag, more than fine for overnight lows of around 48.
    A little polar fleece wrap above the shoulders and behind the head kept me really comfortable, in wool socks, sweat pants, short sleeved T, and hoody.

No proper base layer, but no cold spots, as long as on the pad. Fairly good coverage with one pad cut in half laid out in a T. You really don't feel the overlap of the pads, and it's nice to be able to adjust one w/o having to move the other.

I spent 5 hours and slept comfortably for nearly 4 of those straight. When I did wake up, the traffic was picking up out front, and the birds were like really LOUD, so called it a successful test, and bailed.

Results: Still extremely happy with my BIAS gear. No complaints with the hammock. Soft silky material. For me, it's the right hammock. It just came in, at the right time and price. I could have spent much much more on this piece of gear. I would highly recommend the Knotty Mods. At 60" width it allows you to tweak any loose material around the feet, to form it's own little footbox, and controls the same at the other end around your head. I would want this mod, if I hadn't ordered it with the hammock.

On initial set up I did blow the stitches on one of the suspension strap loops. Upon inspection before and after the fact, looked good, but the stitching just went on one loop and I went to the ground from a sitting position. I was set within inches under load, and sounded worse than it actually was, as far as the drop goes. Just turned the strap around and used the other end, raised the hammock a little more, and it hung fine for two nights. My hang trees are at 18', and while not optimum length, well within range of this hammock and it's suspension. I did have to use a stick to slide the strap up far enough, and next time I'll try for even a little higher to see if I can dial it in closer to the 30.

I've got another light syn bag, to cut up into a summer UQ. I'll have to get serious with the down this fall, but I'm way good now, until then.

BIAS

Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12