Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    BA Yampa, Exped 7s
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    Very interesting, and would give me yet another reason to order some of that 108" silk from Dharma Trading Co.!
    I would be inclined to go with the 70". And the silk will take acid dyes, hmmm. Looks like they have black silk gauze also.
    To Boldly Hang Where No One Has Hung Before...

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Glad to hear you didnt get jammed up with the storm. As you know, a properly pitched tarp can do wonders in nasty weather.

Did you do any fishing or just camping and exploring.

One of these days we need to meet in the middle point between our homes and do a little yakkin

just exploring.my 1st trip on old hickory lake.i have plotted out other trips and other island to camp on.neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    hey neo,
    glad you're OK. You've been having it in the with weather this season, that's for sure. Did you have any idea that such a nasty blow was in the works? Out here on the prairie a storm cell can leap into being at the drop of hat. All the weather guys can do is warn that the conditions exist for sudden storm development.

Grizz

Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    BA Yampa, Exped 7s
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Sorry I didn't say it before, but I'm also glad you're okay. Got sidetracked on the lightning/silk stuff. I recall hanging thru a lightning storm somewhere sw SC (don't recall exactly where). We were in a valley near a stream. Storm blew in that night and I was convinced I was going to end up toasted. Fortunatly, we survived, but the rest of my group arose the next morning completely surrounded by 1"+ of standing water.
    To Boldly Hang Where No One Has Hung Before...

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    hey neo,
    glad you're OK. You've been having it in the with weather this season, that's for sure. Did you have any idea that such a nasty blow was in the works? Out here on the prairie a storm cell can leap into being at the drop of hat. All the weather guys can do is warn that the conditions exist for sudden storm development.

Grizz
    i am definately not a fair weather hanger lol.i like hanging on the edgeneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunHiker View Post
    Sorry I didn't say it before, but I'm also glad you're okay. Got sidetracked on the lightning/silk stuff. I recall hanging thru a lightning storm somewhere sw SC (don't recall exactly where). We were in a valley near a stream. Storm blew in that night and I was convinced I was going to end up toasted. Fortunatly, we survived, but the rest of my group arose the next morning completely surrounded by 1"+ of standing water.
    thanks for your concern bro.sleeping in one inch water no fun.but then againsleeping on the ground no fun lolneo
    the matrix has you

Images
    I am also glad you were okay! Although, from your posts, it sounds like you rather enjoyed the experience, LOL!

I love to camp during storms, as well, but there have been two times where I thought I might die that night. Do you ever get concerned about that, or is it no big deal to you? Of course, you are a real tough dude:

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...&cutoffdate=-1

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunHiker View Post

Now, that is interesting. Were they and their equip wet, or did their tent floors manage to keep the water out? I wonder how they would have done with a ground cloth/tarp only, especially if the GC was also their rain gear. That is a point I was trying to make in another thread. You might save a few ounces with just a GC and tarp or floor-less tent, but that is really an apples to oranges comparison when it comes to weather protection. IMO. If you are going to compare these things in a logical fashion, you really need at least a good waterproof floor bivy plus tarp if on the ground, or a well sealed floored tent. And then the seam sealing and floor material better be in good shape if you are going to deal with standing water.

Of course, none of that is going to help, in either case, with lightening!

BTW Neo, I'm glad you lived to tell the tale!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Thread Drift!!!

The GC now has available a seperate bug netting/bathtub floor enclosure to pitch under it making it a full double-wall tent. Total weight is around 17-18 oz. for the two together.

Not that I'm planning on using it as my primary shelter, I'm just sayin' ...
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmoss View Post
    Thread Drift!!!

The GC now has available a seperate bug netting/bathtub floor enclosure to pitch under it making it a full double-wall tent. Total weight is around 17-18 oz. for the two together.

Not that I'm planning on using it as my primary shelter, I'm just sayin' ...
    Hey Shadow,
    What piece of equipment are you describing? Is this something that someone manufactures? Or is this something home made?

It sounds like it is about the same weight as a Speer type hammock. So this is a ground cloth, plus bath tub floor plus bug net, at 18 oz?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast