currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an

BIG Question

Ok as noob i am confronted with the voice of want and logic so looking at all my options _ money weight and capacity- dd frontline might be my first go at hanging .. I am 6'2" and 350 lbs. I know thats 20 over their capacity but with all those who use this i ask ..is this viable for a guy my size, or am i just to much for the dd?
    thanks
    ps and also if the suspension stretchs for normal weight people how much for me? and mod suggetions too

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I know you likely see everyone going to DIY, but that really is a simple way to go and not expensive. Contact Scott at DIYGearsupply.com. He has some 2.8oz nylon that is really strong at $3.85 yd. I don't know the capacity, but I am around 285 and he recommended it. I did a double layer with some 1.5 ripstop not for weight but for insulation flexibility. I'm guessing that would handle your small frame pretty well! He also has polyester webbing with 1500 lb break strength. Strapworks.com also has a wide selection of webbing. You can make a nice long hammock for a flat diagonal lie with 4 yards of fabric. The trend is 11 ft hammocks lately. Look at justjeff's website for instructions on a simple gathered end hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Got my wife this hammock. I am a little shorter than you and it held me fine but was a bit of a shoulder squeeze for me. Not to bad that it made my nap not be enjoyable but enough that I noticed. If you do go with this company though let me tell you they are fast and good to work with.

Well went to their site and the newest Frontline is rated this way. "comfortable for people up to 6ft 5 and 150kg" So maybe it be less of a squeeze on you.
    Last edited by Postal; 04-04-2012 at 17:42. Reason: research.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    thanks for the info gents! will definitely look into the diy and try to find more " small frame" (thank you very much ) inputs..ll

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    I would not get the DD hammock if I were you, I would go for the Warbonnet blackbird or the Jungle Hammock. This will be extremely uncomfortable as I am 5 10 160lb and find the space in the DD hammock small. The hammock gets extremley narrow at both ends as well so if you are going to be from end to end it would not be as pleasent

Hammock
    DD Frontline & Travel
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zep & Flt Jkt
    Suspension
    Kmk Python Straps
    Hey Backpack Hiker, I'm pretty much same specs as you & I'd have to say my experience is far from uncomfortable. I definitely prefer it over the HH Exped.

As for Mountain Hanger, maybe DIY is the way to go mate.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Hey Backpack Hiker, I'm pretty much same specs as you & I'd have to say my experience is far from uncomfortable. I definitely prefer it over the HH Exped.

As for Mountain Hanger, maybe DIY is the way to go mate.
    I have tried to sleep in this hammock three times and each time I have been hot because the material is so thick, squished sholders, the bug net wouldn't stay put.

It does have good features though, It is an excellent bivy sack, it is good for a base camp hammock (relaxing by the fire, using as a chair). You can watch my 12 months in a hammock for a detailed review but for me this is not the hammock of choice.
    Sorry

• + New Posts