I've been looking at 25' of amsteel for a few weeks, deciding what to try first and checking out some great threads on this site; it really is a great place to get information. I wanted to be able to detach my WBBB ridge line so I've made a new ridge line with a dutch biner at the head end. I made two lengths of amsteel with locked brummel fixed eyes at each end. One length is about 12" long so that the biner is above the head end, the other length was measured to make sure the overall length ended up being the same length as the original RL. Overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out, it was a bit of a guess to work out how much the final bury would shorten the length, but an inch worked out well. Now I'm looking at my whoopies and prussics and itching to make more stuff.
Going to try to convert my CTRL from figure 9 and dog bone, to Dutch hook and flyz next.
Thanks for looking.