This is a completely unsolicited thanks to ShadowAlpha and the amazing gear found at outdoortrailgear.com.

I have now purchased something from each of the cottage industries featured there and found, without exception, each one to be producers of highly functioning, lightweight, cutting edge, gear.

Dutch is there with his amazing suspension devices. If you pick up nothing else from him you have to get a pair of Tarp Flyz and some Zing-It.

Hammock Gear is there with possibly the lightest quilts around (love my Phoenix)

Mountain Goat Gear is there with her very economical, extremely lightweight, high quality, and customizable hats, tarp sleeves, and backpack mesh pouches. When you see the low prices she charges for items which are customized for each buyer you will shake your head wondering how she even makes money. I love her mesh tarp sleeves (you can order them any size you want) and she was more than happy to knit me a custom alpaca wool cap in my our Patrol color (Ranger Red).

And I can't say enough about Smokeeater. A real life fire fighter who makes the most amazing alcohol stoves (I love my mini alky which sips fuel but burns nice and hot). It is as cheap as my old alcohol stove yet is even smaller, easier to control the flame, and very rugged. His aluminum can cook pots are perfect in design and like all the others very functional.

I think ShadowAlpha deserves high credit for selecting and gathering together in one location some of the best minds and product providers out there.

For those out there new to Hammock Camping I would recommend four pillars to successful hammock camping;

1. Watch all Shug's videos.
2. Buy a WBBB DL
3. Visit Hammock Forums often
4. You won't go wrong with any of the high quality providers at OutdoorTrailGear