Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Claytor tarp

Most comfortable indoors

Hey everybody, haven't posted in a while. Got a couple of questions. I've searched and haven't gotten a Definate answer so I thought I'd ask.

So the soon to be ex is sending movers tomorrow... (don't worry, very good thing). Anyway, I'll be Left without a bed. So instead I was thinking of moving my hammock stand into the bedroom and hanging. So what's the most comfortable commercial hammock available? For details, I don't care about weigh or lack thereof. My requirements are that I'm a pretty much full time side sleeper and it needs to be big enough to accommodate 2 occasionally, well, hopefully more often than occasionally .
    Thanks for your help. Ted.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    For the two person requirement, I would suggest Brazilian hammocks.

For indoor use, cotton is King in my mind. The Brazilian hammocks are generally made with a large sheet of heavy cotton. It keeps the chill off of you much better than nylon or polyester could ever dream of doing. They are easy to wash, which is important when using nightly. Because the Brazilians are a 'sheet' of fabric, there isn't anything for your toes to get stuck in. I like Mayans and to a lesser degree, Nicaraguans, during the summer months. However, the open weave can become comical when you are getting out of the hammock only to have a toe get stuck in one of the holes.

All three of these style hammocks have been used for hundreds of years in small villages in Central and South America. Entire families have been conceived, born, raised, and pass in these hammocks. They are generous in their size and supreme in their comfort. As a general, very general, rule, try to spend at least $100. There are exceptions, but it isn't really worth the risk/reward trying to find them in the sub $100 price range.

As for 'activities' in the hammock; practice, practice, practice.
    Trust nobody!

i would think that any opportunity to "entertain" in a hammock, would result in an early exit.(her, not you) personally i would rather have it hung in the guest bed room, and a bed in the one with mirrors on the ceiling.

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    My vote also goes to cotton Brazilian hammock for full time use in place of bed! Bed can,t equal in comfort to hammocks.
    I,m also thinking how I got around with sleeping in bed for 32 years of my life and after that when I found hammocks and sleeping 3 years allready in hammock never going back to bed and ground.
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Claytor tarp
    Any specific models, who sells the brazilians?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    No specific models; they rotate through on a quick clip anyway.
    Length is your friend with the Brazilians. I haven't had much luck with the ones that are less than 12'. Again, there are some gems in the rough out there, but you'll better your odds by sticking with the larger rigs.

Hammocks.com
    SwingsNThings
    Seaside Hammocks

Any of these shops will sell you quality hammocks and there are a hundred more similar to them online. Those three are probably the ones I order Brazilian hammocks from the most often though and I've had good luck with them all in the past couple of years. Seaside rubbed me the wrong way once, but they've been fine lately.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just switched out my bed for a Seaside Hammock Tommy something queen sized Mayan. LOVE IT. So much!! It was on sale for $80ish. I intend to use it through to summer to help bring down my power bill. I live in the desert. Enough said.

Anyway, my only gripes are these: 1) it requires 13 feet to hang properly, which means it sits diagonal in my bedroom. Kind of a pain in the ***. And 2) I sleep so freakin' good in it I can't get my sorry but out of bed at 5am for work. Sigh. BTW, I used the ideas everyone posted to make myself tripod hammock stands. Thanks everyone!

Not sure what I will do should I want to entertain, because I can promise you two is a crowd in a hammock, especially a mayan. I guess he will have to have an adventurous side

Frogg

• + New Posts