HH Explorer Ultralite
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

What comes in the bag?

I'm considering purchasing an ENO Doublenest but I haven't been able to figure out if it comes with everything I need to hang it from a tree right out of the bag.

All my searches give me suspension recommendations but I can't find what comes stock. So is it true that I will have to buy tree straps to begin using it on day one?

Any help is appreciated...

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you'll have to buy some sort of tree straps separately. ENO sells 'slapstraps' as their suspension option. It's not clear why they are not included with the hammock. At any rate, the slapstraps are not recommended, as they are made of nylon. That allows for a lot of stretch over the course of a night's hang.

To memory, the only thing included in the stock ENO bag is a short length of rope that is tied through each end of the hammock's end channels, and a steel biner on each length of rope.

There are literally dozens of different suspension options for the ENO, though. And they need not be either complicated or expensive. Maybe take a look through the suspensions forum and see what appeals to you.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    I got the ENO Pro.. It only came with Carabiners on the end. and built in stuff sack.

That was my issue, was how to hang it. right away, I did use Ratchet strap & make loop in strap to hang Carabiner into. works. Then bought some Amesteel & made Whoopie slings. Learned from This forum. A wealth of info,

Now, hard part got to wait for next camp out to go play.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    You'll need to get some kind of suspension. All that comes with it are rope fed through the end channels of the hammock and a metal carabiner. Its common consensus here to avoid the ENO slap straps since they are nylon and stretch. Polyester is the preferred webbing for tree huggers. Many people also ditch the stock ropes and carabiner because they are heavy. Look at the suspension forum for some ideas.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    I just bought an eno double nest yesterday. Its like he said no suspension. I went to wally world and bought a $12 pair of 600 lb ratchet straps and made my own. Thank you Shug for your videos. With out them i would still be wondering wth a toggle is for.
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daveocelott View Post
    I just bought an eno double nest yesterday. Its like he said no suspension. I went to wally world and bought a $12 pair of 600 lb ratchet straps and made my own. Thank you Shug for your videos. With out them i would still be wondering wth a toggle is for.
    I'd watch for wear dave, 600 lbs to me just doesn't seem safe... You have more weight on the straps than you think, the angle of the straps in relation to the ground increases the tension considerably.

Be careful!!

I just got some poly straps in from whoopie sling dot com and they're rated for well over 1000 lbs. Think I paid like 12-14 for them. Well worth it!

Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    I got the ones with 1800 break strength 600 working weight. Thanks ill check them out. I am looking into getting some woopie slings next.
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for all the information everyone! I learned more here than I did on the ENO site.

I'm going to pick up the double nest tomorrow and at least now I know what to expect.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Be careful when packing up the hammock with the stock carabiners. The ones I got like many others here have sharp teeth on the gate that could pinch fabric and even create small holes. Don't know if ENO has changed them but the ones I'm talking about are heavy and possibly damaging.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Be careful when packing up the hammock with the stock carabiners. The ones I got like many others here have sharp teeth on the gate that could pinch fabric and even create small holes. Don't know if ENO has changed them but the ones I'm talking about are heavy and possibly damaging.
    I bought one recently, its the same deal. I always leave those carabiners outside of the bag and away from my hammock when I pack it up.
    with two m's, like "hammock."

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast