Hello,

I recently bought an Ergo hammock.
It's comfortable to sleep in. I am a sidesleeper. However it has some issues;

-The No-see-um mosquito mesh ripped in a few places after a few days...
-The included cordage is not very strong, it showed wear & tear after 2 single uses. Also it has too much give. IMHO it would be a good idea to include a set of tree-huggers & whoopieslings. It would make the package more user friendly.
-The included sleeve only covers the cordage, it should cover the complete hammock, like the Hennessy sleeves.
-I am 1.80 meter tall & lengthwise it feels very small inside, especially when the mosquito-mesh is closed. The width is perfect. A larger version would certainly be a good idea.
Overal some good ideas despite some serious design faults. I own a few hammocks so I'm able to compare different brands. None of them has ripped fabric. To me these are unacceptable flaws for a 350 $
hammock.

It must be said, the tarp is very good en versatile.

I will be returning the Ergo to my retail store, hopefully it can be repaired. However I doubt it because the ripping is inherent to it's design. I have contacted Exped twice. I did not receive an answer to my first mail. The answer to my second mail came after 3 1/2 months...The replied that all the damage was "wear issue", strange as I only used it for 2 nights...Not a word on warranty or replacement, not very happy about that.

I've included some pictures.

Grtz,

Dimi

my blog: http://studioblade.blogspot.be/