Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trying to buy a BlackBird, but PayPal REFUSES!

I need to order a BlackBird Double Layer 1.7oz with the webbing suspension for a major hike coming up on the North Country Trail for a charity that benefits underprivileged youth in Michigan

I am so freaking frustrated, and PayPal is Warbonnet's only payment option.

I have a PayPal account, but they recently limited it due to 'Random Security Checks' where they want me to to fax them copies of my driver's license, social security card, utility bills, among other stuff before they will let me make a purchase. I have only used PayPal twice in the past, and REFUSE to supply such information just to purchase a hammock. It would put me at a huge risk of identity theft.

I then tried checking out without logging in using my VISA debit card. PayPal then refused that, insisting I need to log in to my account to complete the transaction. Cleared cookies in the browser, same thing.

I have tried everything including creating a new e-mail address, spending over an hour on the phone with them, etc... trying to get PayPal to accept my payment without having to send social security cards and other very sensitive information just to purchase a BlackBird. I am incredibly frustrated.

I had an ENO but donated it, along with a pack/sleeping bag to a kid that showed a huge interest in the outdoors, but whose family could not even afford food for themselves, let along camping/hiking gear.

I really don't want to have to go with another brand as I have heard nothing but good stuff about the BlackBird.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get one of these new before May 4th (I am assuming it would have to be ordered ASAP with the current lead times on them, thus why I am kind of freaking out)?

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    PM or call Brandon, he might be able to help you out.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I don't think Paypal would ask for that info, you may wanna phone the fraud dept. I had the same thing happen last year, they asked for none of that. and had a completely different process than what you described, I followed the steps on their website and it was cleared up in no time.

Click here

Or, if worse comes to worse, create a new account.

But Brandon should be able to assist.

Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    sounds like fraud to me. I've never hear of Paypal asking for social security card images.
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Brandon can't take your credit card?

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I seriously think you're being flished !
    It's a scam by someone trying to steal your identity.

I get request like that in my emails. It's cyber fraud!

Try using someone else's computer. You may have a virus that redirects you to a fake website when trying to log into Paypal.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    I just got my wbbb 1.7 dl and I dont have a paypal accout. I just did a visa payment no prob. Def sounds like fraud to me too.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Call Brandon directly and see if he will take a Cashier's Check, or the like.
    Then figure-out what's going on with your PayPal account. I agree that it doesn't sound right.
    Trust nobody!

Just got a reply to my e-mail from Brandon. I gotta say, it is very impressive how fast he got back with me when most companies take several days to respond to e-mails (if ever).

Seems PayPal flagged my account for some unknown reason (only have made two purchases ever on it, and always used my debit card for the purchases without issue). So now I am waiting for a representative to call me back after Brandon chewed them out (they called but I missed the call).

The request for social, picture ID, etc... were legit, so we will see what PayPal agrees to do. I don't feel comfortable sending them that info since I have been a victim of identity theft in the past, and that is a can of worms I do not want to open again.

If all else fails, I will be sending a money order for the Hammock. The customer service at Warbonnet has really impressed me!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Not to defend the idea... but Paypal has had problems with people joining under false names and indentities and abusing their system. I'm always amazed at the hoops one has to jump through just to open a bank account now days.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast