Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    I got an email on 3/29 from PayPal telling me that I may need to re-verify my info. (Full legal name, address, date of birth and the last (4) four digits of my SS#. So, all the info. you were asked for, does not sound right. It also, said to log on to PayPal site. Any time I'm going to log on. I type the URL in. I do not chick on any links! ever!!!
    I went to PayPal, It did not ask me to re-verfy anything yet. So I didn't.
    It also, said this would start on April 1
    This sounds like a scam

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    We're a little bit wide of 'hammocks' here. Whether or not PayPal is good or ill, our hammocks are still comfortable.

It sounds like the OP heard from Warbonnet in regards to clearing up the matter. I'm sure he'll get the account issues figured out as well, but this thread may not be the best place to do that.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    PayPal, seems to get a lot of phoney stuff happening around their members. I have gotten more than my fair share of scams involving PayPal. Now I sign in as a Guest, which makes life difficult if there is an issue with something I have purchased. My Credit Card Company offered me a deal where I get a one use number for a set amount of money. I pay with that number, just like it is my CCN. However, it is only for the specified amount and only good for one transaction.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    there is a bunch of scams going on right now,,MC, Visa, and American Express just had 2 million card users with all their info ripped by hackers thru their middle man companies that handle the transactions between retailers and banks for the card companies. I just had my American Express card last nite changed as someone tried to charge a bunch of crap on it and A. Express caught it and called me,,then Today, my Credit Union Visa card had 38 bucks charged on it to Apple for downloading music,,,so they cancelled that card and are overniting me a new card on that as well,,keep track of your charges on your billings as the hackers are hitting the cards hard and will continue to do so. Forunately,,doesn't cost me any loss as the charges were all declined by American Express and Visa and they promptly called my cell to confirm the hackings, but,,have to be issued new cards with new numbers on them and everything will be straightened out for me Monday. Just wanted to let everybody know this crap is going on. and its happened to me before as well so this is not new..but contact paypal as I did that last week as well,,and paypal is getting hammered by the conn gamers and hackers too. They will send you a program to scan any of your emails to them..Paypal also told me that they will only send you a email addressing you as "Dear Your first name,, middle itinial,,, and last full name,, also,,so look for that on any of Paypal's emails to yu.

And I just checked my email and got 3 more faulse emails from Paypal again, that are not from Paypal..DO NOT,,click on anything in them and open any links inside them. You will have a hacking program to get all your credit info off your computer and won't even know its going on.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Acer; 04-06-2012 at 18:49.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Something here doesn't make sense. You can use a credit card to send money to someone via Paypal without logging in to your account, as long as the recipient has an account.
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl1.7/Equip 1-Person
    Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    Something here doesn't make sense. You can use a credit card to send money to someone via Paypal without logging in to your account, as long as the recipient has an account.
    If the credit card you want to use is already attached to a PayPal account they wont let you use it without logging in. You can use any card you have that is not attached.

Did anyone mention a VISA or similar gift card as an option in case dealing with PayPal fails? I think they act just like credit cards and I would think it would work without having to login to the account.
    Fry: "I can't swallow that!"
    Farnsworth: "Well then, good news! It's a suppository."

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123