WBBB double 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag,HG UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing

Where does the dog sleep?

Where do you put your dog at night when you're hammock camping? My dog is like a family member. And I know it sounds silly, but he even sleeps in the tent with my dad and brother. I was just wondering, because I would feel bad if it were just me and him and then a storm like I mentioned here (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=50399) hit. I would be in my hammock nice and dry but the dog would be getting soaked.... It would just make me feel bad! lol
    Brock!
    2 Samuel: 22
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    When I take Stella Blue along with me she sleeps on a 1/4inch 6 section z-rest that I also use as my pack frame. I have a 11 by 8.3 cuben tarp that I pitch low enough to the ground to block the wind and elements from blowing in if the weather were to turn nasty at night. Site selection counts for a lot when you have a furry friend sleeping underneath you. And if it were to get cold I'd just throw my down jacket over her. I also sleep with the leash on her collar and around my wrist. Id hate for her to take off after something in the middle of the night and me not be awake to call her back.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutchstuff
    I've seen a few threads discussing this subject, and like you, most people are concerned with their dogs comfort. I think the bare minimum would be under the hammock on a pad of some sort. Dogs are susceptible to drafts, so perhaps a low pitch on your tarp too. I'm thinking of a simple dbl layer gear hammock type thing for mine, hung directly below with a pad fitted to keep it open and help her get in and out.

Atb

Mark

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    If weight limits allow put the pup in with you. I put dog socks on her and throw her in if its nasty or cold. If not shes under me or I build her some wind blocks with rocks etc..

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It really depends on how big the dog is. My dog Kiba is 22 ibs and she sleeps in the hammock with me. However, if she were any bigger she wouldn't. I highly recommend to people that have a medium to big size dog to do exactly what lazyriverroad mentioned
    and let her sleep under the hammock. Just remember, dogs aren't like us with sleeping in places like hammocks. The only reason Kiba can sleep in a hammock is because I am in there with her. Also, it's like having another person in there with you when they are bigger and it's not comfortable at all.

However, after a lot of practice with getting her comfortable. We made it work and it's a lot of fun to have her out in the woods with me.

Good luck!

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Someone suggested setting up a run line under the hammock so the dog can move around at night if needed. I may try this with my dog when he is old enough to go camping with me.

--louis

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Mine stays in the foot box of my top quilt during cooler weather. She makes a great foot warmer. during the warmer months the dog sleeps where ever she wants.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Some things I am working through with my baby girl, she is a Bouvie, long fur, which loves to collect dirt and dust. She gets a daily brushing, however she still sheds, and leaves dirt behind.

I had my wrist/hand dislocate, from a leash slipping down around my wrist and the dog raring back on its hind legs. It was a little dog that did that to me.

If a dog is going after game (or a creepy person), they usually go with one great jerk.

Some dogs chew to get loose, some K9s get creative in getting out of their collar or harness.

My baby girl is trained not to chase things, however, bears are fair game, if I am not aware enough to remind her, that chasing is a NO NO. (We live in an area with lots of bears in the Summer). I just do not trust her on the ground with out me there with her.

A run line under the hammock might work, if I do not get tangled in the chain!

What is too young to take on a hang? I start my dogs going everywhere as soon as I bring them home. It socializes them, then they know how to behave when away from home.

At this time, Willow has her own Hennessy Hammock, a Cub. She is not showing any signs of getting out of it on her own, she is close to me so she will wake me if I need help. My little Pug, sleeps in the foot box of my bag.

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Mine is only 12 weeks which is to young. Once he is older and better trained he will start with some overnights and then get up to longer hikes and multi day trips. But that is all dependent on the dog and how he develops. Some dogs just don't like hiking. My other dog, a dachshund mix, is good for about a mile walk and then he wants to be carried. (And he is most definitely not UL)

--louis

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    For Cold rain & snow, get a big tarp with doors like a Superfly, pitch it low to the ground and tight, just like tent except your hanging and the dogs is dry.

S

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast