currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an

Newbie question(s)

I need help guys, (and gals) i would really like to get a wbbb but dont know if i can afford it espcially given i need a tarp too,( let alone the goodies of ug tg etc etc etc) so in reasearching i found that snugpak jungle comes with the netting and rated at 400lbs ( im 350) for about 55 bucks thought this might be a good starter, but then i think why waste the money on something i dont know will work? also looking at dd frontline which i know im pushing the limit but for the price of a wbbb i would have the set up.
    I guess my BIG QUESTION is starting out is it better to have all in one set up or go for smaller pieces and gain the experience

really i think im on info overload!
    i just gott find that sector seven i think
    btw im not really a big sewing kind of guy plus time is a factor here so dyi is out as of now

thanks

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Trunk-Sk.../dp/B001AIFLX2
    Check out that hammock. It's bigger than the one you mentioned. It's a reputable company here in the US, and they have a ten year warranty.

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    As for a tarp, someone will be along shortly that can give you better information than I can.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    You can make a basic hammock with 4 yds of 1.9 nylon from Joann's (get a coupon), two ratchet straps, and 50 Ft of amsteel blue. Pick up a tarp that you will keep using or that is super cheap. If you start that way you can make two whoopie slings and an adjustable ridge line out of the amsteel. I'd use 1/8 in at your weight. Gather the ends of the cloth and tie in a sheet bend to the whoopies or a loop of cord. That puts you in the "get an old beater to learn to drive mode". You will learn a lot. Or you can get a BB, that's "start with a Cadillac mode". You won't learn as much but some of it you might not need to know. ;-)

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    thanks thom i thought they would only hold 250 so kinda just let it go by and thanks northern mark, while im not in caddy mode i need something ready to go and to play with! I knew i could count on you guys!

I would go with a complete setup to start.
    Go with the best quality you can afford so it may save you some frustration in the future and you can learn everything else along the way. Something like a WBBB and just find a cheap tarp until you can scrape the money together for a lighter one. If you decide that you really don't like hanging or the hammock you pick, you could always sell the hammock without loosing too much money, (if any).

• + New Posts