Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortTripHome View Post
    WOW I cant believe that you guys ordered on the 9th and your just now getting confirmation emails and such.
    I am starting to loose faith that I will get mine in time.
    Well, if my hammock doesn't arrive before my departure date, I will be all out of back country shelters (have been selling old tents on WB & ebay).
    That means I will have to sacrifice my newest ebay account and cancel the order for the Hubba tent (I low balled myself anyways) just to make sure I've got shelter in time for my hike. Unlike the rest of America, I have no problem with starting over, and if that means denying someone a backpacking tent due to my bad timing--well then, so be it. I'll return the funds and send them an apologetic email explaining my situation. I'll start a new ebay account-no problem.

Does Brandon make these to order? I couldnt understand why, especially when the product is not out of stock, it would take up to three weeks just for a response?

I received something like a confirmation email from him saying he got the order & that he 'would try to get it to me in time'. No ETA or UPS shipping number to track.

You guys are preaching "patience" but I am preaching "protocol" & "punctuality"...
    Am I out of line here?
    I have not got a confirmation yet, he just pm me and said he will try to to get it done and ship it out by the end of the week. I ordered a Superfly tarp and Blackbird.

As far as this
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortTripHome View Post
    You guys are preaching "patience" but I am preaching "protocol" & "punctuality"...
    Am I out of line here?
    I don't think you are out of line. Its just that he makes them to order. They aren't just sitting in boxes in a warehouse. So I can understand the wait time because I am not his only customer he has orders to fill that could be large and need to get them out before me, its a first serve first come basis is all. Its just I am very impatient. But I do believe there probably is something that could be done to speed up the shipping idk what that could be but I'm not complaining. Not yet haha

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorJunkie1992 View Post
    And now to get back on topic of the WBBB lol, just got a pm from Brandon, mine should be in the mail by the end of the week How long does it take once it is shipped? I live in NorthEast Ohio.
    2 to 3 days. He ships priority.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I finally just canceled my order. The website says "Items normally ship in approximately 1 week while orders containing backordered items will normally ship within 3 weeks". Nothing on the website says my tarp is out of stock or backordered. I think if Brandon wants to keep us in the dark as far as the processing of our orders and just expects us to sit by the mailbox for weeks on end he can count me as one less customer. Good luck with the rest of your orders. I love my Blackbird and must have ordered near the end of the shipping cycle because it came in no time at all.
    -Jon-

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20deg TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    straps+tri.rings
    I ordered on the 6th, and still no shipment confirmation yet, hopefully mine (BB and superfly) ship out by the end of the week too! It's a longer wait then expected, but from everything I've read, I definitely think its going to be worth it. I think we just picked a bad time of year to order, this is probably his busiest time since the weather is starting to get nice again for those of us in the northern part of the continent.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl lefty, WBRR
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy Camo
    Insulation
    KAQs, Pads, PLUQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I ordered on the 12th and am still waiting too.

But I'm waiting patiently.

It would be different if the wait ended with a crappy hammock in your hands but when you want one of the best you get in line and wait for it.

Treat it right and it will last for years and years and all the mornings you wake up after a good night's sleep will make a 3 or 4 week wait seem like nothing.

Brandon should just take a second and update the site that there's a wait and if folks don't like it they can just go somewhere else. But it would probably save some folks hard feelings.

Me? I'm patiently waiting.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adino View Post
    I ordered on the 12th and am still waiting too.

But I'm waiting patiently.

It would be different if the wait ended with a crappy hammock in your hands but when you want one of the best you get in line and wait for it.

Treat it right and it will last for years and years and all the mornings you wake up after a good night's sleep will make a 3 or 4 week wait seem like nothing.

Brandon should just take a second and update the site that there's a wait and if folks don't like it they can just go somewhere else. But it would probably save some folks hard feelings.

Me? I'm patiently waiting.
    Man, I wish I had known farther in advance that the wait would be close to a month. I've got a section hike here in VA May 08th. Looks like I'll have to cancel selling one of my tents on ebay to make sure I've got proper shelter for five nights.
    RATS!!! I was really hoping to finally hang on this trip, oh well--I've got all summer and fall to do other trips with it. I am sure that it will be worth the wait.
    I read recently that Brandon was in the middle of moving his shop from Ft. Collins to a new location, so maybe that why things are a little snarled. That, and we're entering prime "get your gear late in the season" time.
    Can't do anything except wait patiently and hope he gets it to me in time as he said he would.

Ya well I sold my other shelter, so Im begining to become impatient now because all I have is mu USGI MSS. If I had a tarp I would be in the wood now, but now I wait and go fishing. If it does not ship by saturday Ill become very impatient

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20deg TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    straps+tri.rings
    Hopefully he gets it to you in time Shorttriphome, but like you said, if not you still have all summer. when it comes down to the lifetime of the product, I think one extra trip on the ground wont make much difference ;-)

I have 3 weeks left before my trip, so when mine ships I just hope it doesn't get held up at the border. But, everyone else is a ground dweller on my upcoming hike, so I have no issues bringing my tent setup if need be.

As has been said by others, and I agree, I don't mind waiting a bit longer for a quality product.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BullishD View Post
    Hopefully he gets it to you in time Shorttriphome, but like you said, if not you still have all summer. when it comes down to the lifetime of the product, I think one extra trip on the ground wont make much difference ;-) ... But, everyone else is a ground dweller on my upcoming hike, so I have no issues bringing my tent setup if need be.

As has been said by others, and I agree, I don't mind waiting a bit longer for a quality product.
    thanks for the encouragement...I'm completely new to this and anxious to get the hang of it!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20deg TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    straps+tri.rings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorJunkie1992 View Post
    Ya well I sold my other shelter, so Im begining to become impatient now because all I have is mu USGI MSS. If I had a tarp I would be in the wood now, but now I wait and go fishing. If it does not ship by saturday Ill become very impatient
    I hear ya OutdoorJunkie, I got rid of my Hennessy so am without a hammock right now too. but I do have a few tents / tarps in my 'collection' to fall back on. I tend to horde my gear...

All I can say is at least you are out fishing! I haven't been out since the ice was on the lakes. Practically all of our fish species are out of season right now too, so that doesn't help!

Hang in there!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast