Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Ok, After much thought I think I am going to be coming down to trail days. My plan is to drive down on Friday and stay in a hotel within an half hour to an hour of Damascus on Friday. Head into town on Saturday morning but will have to head home on Saturday night. I'm in need of a road trip and this seems like the perfect one to take. Hey it's only seven hours away . Having never of been to Trail Days I am in need of a new adventure and a road trip. For those who have attended in the past is Trail Days dog friendly? I would love to bring my best friend Stella Blue along for the adventure.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Ok, After much thought I think I am going to be coming down to trail days. My plan is to drive down on Friday and stay in a hotel within an half hour to an hour of Damascus on Friday. Head into town on Saturday morning but will have to head home on Saturday night. I'm in need of a road trip and this seems like the perfect one to take. Hey it's only seven hours away . Having never of been to Trail Days I am in need of a new adventure and a road trip. For those who have attended in the past is Trail Days dog friendly? I would love to bring my best friend Stella Blue along for the adventure.
    Not a problem, I've seen many people there with their dogs. I'm excited that you're attending and I'll get to meet you and your best friend Stella Blue. Other out of town folks are hanging at my place. If you can't find a blue light cheap hotel I have a couple spare trees.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Not a problem, I've seen many people there with their dogs. I'm excited that you're attending and I'll get to meet you and your best friend Stella Blue. Other out of town folks are hanging at my place. If you can't find a blue light cheap hotel I have a couple spare trees.
    Way generous and kind of you and I certainly would be more comfortable in your backyard between two trees then I would in a creekedy bed in a blue light cheap motel however after doing a quick map quest I would be going a little over 2hrs (an hour past and an hour back to Damascus) out of the way so Ill probably just shack up in a motel for the night. Thanks for the offer and cant wait to meet you and every one else at TD this year.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Way generous and kind of you and I certainly would be more comfortable in your backyard between two trees then I would in a creekedy bed in a blue light cheap motel however after doing a quick map quest I would be going a little over 2hrs (an hour past and an hour back to Damascus) out of the way so Ill probably just shack up in a motel for the night. Thanks for the offer and cant wait to meet you and every one else at TD this year.
    Yeah, Well I am an hour on the other side from the direction you're coming from. Too bad but you have a plan B just in case.

One of the coolest phenomenons that's happening right now in our area that I hope everyone will get to see (or hear!) is the 17 year Cicada Emergence. There are literally thousands singing from the trees during the day! It's amazing! I've been taking pics and will post a report soon when I'm finished.
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 05-06-2012 at 02:21.

We have had to push our backpacking trip into Damascus back one week so we may or may not make it to TD's. If we can make it to TD's it will be just for 1 day (Saturday). Instead of doing a section of the AT we have been thinking about doing a section of the BMT instead.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Images
    I've been out of the loop for about a year and am kinda healthy enough to start hanging again.
    I just got a TDY for a few months from Holloman AFB, NM to Johnson City,TN and got here tonight after a 27 hour drive.
    I would love to hang at Trail Days. My concern is being able to park and walk as I am an old broken down crippled hiker.
    If anyone knows where I can park and get a ride too the hang, that would be great and any more details as I'm too lazy to read all the posts.
    I am willing to sing for a ride if your stupid enough to insist.
    TIM
    "Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

Hammock
    DIY Speer Type
    Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mega82 View Post
    I've been out of the loop for about a year and am kinda healthy enough to start hanging again.
    I just got a TDY for a few months from Holloman AFB, NM to Johnson City,TN and got here tonight after a 27 hour drive.
    I would love to hang at Trail Days. My concern is being able to park and walk as I am an old broken down crippled hiker.
    If anyone knows where I can park and get a ride too the hang, that would be great and any more details as I'm too lazy to read all the posts.
    I am willing to sing for a ride if your stupid enough to insist.
    TIM
    Not sure all the route but I do see shuttle buses during TD. Might check out the TD website. http://www.traildays.us/
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    I am a most laggardly HF member, but I love you people and I'll be hanging along the creek. I'll be wearing Aquablaze t-shirts this year, which will make me easy to spot (I hope). I'll be sorry to miss luminaries like Ewker and Cannibal.

I like the idea of another group photo, L.D. Cakes. Dot's again?
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & Switchback
    Tarp
    Mega Ogee & OES 4S
    Insulation
    Way too many
    Suspension
    WBBB Web Strap
    Currently hanging on South Holston Lake. Going to fish the South Holston River tomorrow and then heading to Trail Days on Friday. I will be looking for the hammock hangers near the creek. Let's get ready for a party, Friday is my birthday.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamaltz View Post
    I like the idea of another group photo, L.D. Cakes. Dot's again?
    We can certainly try! How about 1:00 PM Saturday. That's an hour before the parade I think. Unless someone else has a better suggestion.

I plan to be at Dot's early this year to have a bit of lunch and so I don't miss the photo this time!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast