WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I took,,,as I have alot of shafts at home from archery tourney days ago,,found 2413's with 2117's cut 2" long will fit,,and leave enough out for the other end of the 2413 to fit like a sleeve or insert,,used 5/16 knocks on the ends and 1/8 black shock chord on the panel pulls and they fit nice and snug. Cut the shafts with a small copper tube cutter and be sure and sandpaper the ends or use a round file inside to debur..Use 3 sections for a total of 48" including length of knock..so that the middle section of the shaft which is smooth and it won't wear into your tarp anywhere so that you don't have to sleeve the tarp like some do. If your considering buying shafts..Arrowhead has 48" carbon pole mods where I got the idea from for sale..and might just be lighter than mine, which are super light,,carbon is more durable than aluminum,,but if you price carbon arrow shafts they can get expensive. Just try some different shafts and you will find probably other sizes that will snug up,,after swabbing the inside of the shaft, and the exterior of the 2117 with acetone,,or any other cleaner,,,I used hot melt (ferril tight) glue to glue the 2117's inside the 2413. Beman shafts,,not sure of the size,,carbon,,,will fit inside the 2117, and you can do the same thing..when heating the aluminum shafts,,just be sure to not overheat and change the color of the aluminum shaft or your christalizing the aluminum and making it brittle..it will break if you over heat. Alittle heat goes along way. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Acer; 04-10-2012 at 17:20.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Dream-Hammock Roaming Gnome custom
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG & Marmot
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Acer - sweet tarp and brilliant idea for arrow shaft spreader, have boxes of Beeman carbon shafts from hunting days gone by, wonder if it will work on a Superfly....

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
    Acer - sweet tarp and brilliant idea for arrow shaft spreader, have boxes of Beeman carbon shafts from hunting days gone by, wonder if it will work on a Superfly....
    As long as you can get a couple of diff sizes to fit snug,,cut and glue 3 pieces together. one complete set weighs 2.7oz..very light.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Nice Acer!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great tarp. Is that the color of the clear one? About how much $$$?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Great tarp. Is that the color of the clear one? About how much $$$?
    Adam charged me $ 25.00 more to extend it on the doors and RL 1 foot to 12' long for my fitting of my Snipe hammock as I wanted alittle more coverage. My OMW worked fine with Snipe hammock with 108" RL on it. Color was black,,and it looks more silvery outdoors, and I really think color doesn't matter as you can still see thru it which I love.

Just did a rain test as it just finished raining very hard with dime size hail in it. Its still raining and the amazing thing is not one drop of water on the inside of cuben tarp nor moisture on the inside anywhere down the sides or anywhere as water doesn't go thru cuben like silnylon..I really like this feature of cuben. Alot noisier in a rain, but some of it was hail as the tauntness reflects the rain and it just pours off the sides. the guys on the Hoosier Hang are going to get pounded with alot of lightning, hail possibly, and alot of rain in this storm going thru,,makes for a enjoyable hang as I love a great storm! Tarp is fantastic and I am sold on cuben and will have to get another one for the wife for sure. Can't go wrong on cuben.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123