Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    In transition w/ HH Exp UL

Which HH do get?

I'm 5'11+ at around 175lb...

Do any of you have an extra HH in your collection you’d like to sell? I guess I’d be looking into the Explorer Ultralite, Ultralite Backpacker (or even Expedition). Zip would be preferred, but willing to try the classic (if good price:-)

I’m a young dad & relatively new hanger looking to watch my budget but move on from an old ENO Single Nest to a Hennessy.
    Any other ideas welcomed

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    I'm a little shorter than you and prefer my explorer over my Exped personally. I feel that the extra room makes it all the more comfortable and less closed in. Keep checking the sales forum - deals come and go quickly!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I'm 5'-11 and 205#. I love my HH Deep Junlge XL I bought from a member here, but its not for sale. Side zip comes standard and it has a double bottom layer for a pad and/or extra mosquito protection. Comes with a reflectix pad for bottom insulation that works well down to 40* but is a bit bulky.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    I also am 5' 11" right about 170lb. I use an HH expedition zip, very comfy for me. That said I have also slept fine in the Scout that came with my expedition.

Have no experience with any other hammocks.

Hammock
    Thanks folks,
    I'm leaning toward the Exporer UL. The ULBP looks a bit snug for my just-under-6' frame. NOW if anyone knows where to get a nice used HH Explorer UL set-up at a good price let me know :-)
    Otherwise, I reckon I'll go to something like an ENO double nest and add on from there.
    thanks again all

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    I'm 5'11, 155lb and my Explorer UL is my favorite of my Hennessys. The Expedition is just big enough and hey, it's comfortable, but the extra room in the Explorer is just so nice and the UL version keeps the weight down. The Safari is incredibly roomy (even moreso than the Explorer) but there is a hefty weight penalty to pay, so for backpacking the Explorer UL is still my go-to.

Keep an eye on the For Sale section, they do come up for sale. If you can get one with the silnylon hex fly instead of the Asym fly, then that's a bonus.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x10
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSplat View Post
    I'm 5'11, 155lb and my Explorer UL is my favorite of my Hennessys. The Expedition is just big enough and hey, it's comfortable, but the extra room in the Explorer is just so nice and the UL version keeps the weight down. The Safari is incredibly roomy (even moreso than the Explorer) but there is a hefty weight penalty to pay, so for backpacking the Explorer UL is still my go-to.
    This is great advise.
    I'm the new owner of a UL Explorer Zip, after having an Expedition for a couple seasons. The difference between the Expedition and Explorer is huge. I wish that I'd bought the Explorer right off the bat. Combined with a full sized Potomac underquilt, it's a great combo.
    " I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"

Hammock
    Excellent advice!
    Now, what can be said about a young dad who's budget is only around $100-150??
    Can I expect a miracle & hope someone will give up a used HHExpUL set up for around that price?
    Miracles do happen...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vidaencristo View Post
    Excellent advice!
    Now, what can be said about a young dad who's budget is only around $100-150??
    Can I expect a miracle & hope someone will give up a used HHExpUL set up for around that price?
    Miracles do happen...
    Classic HH Explorer UL bottom entry, or do you prefer the zipper model?

Hammock
    @ Mr. BillyBob: Zip to be preferred, but willing to try classic bottom entry.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast