Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Eno Double Hammock Setup?

Hey guys I am new to this community and coming in fresh. Still trying to understand all the terminology and how these suspension systems work. So I want to get some insight on a simple setup for my Eno Double. If i buy the Whoopie Sling All In One System, will that basically replace the "crap straps" it comes with? And I'm guessing i would need to buy a ridgeline?

I want only really good quality that will last me. Which is why I am thinking not to get the Eno Guardian Bug Net and Pro Fly? What would you guys recommend for the bug-net and tarp that has great coverage and quality is good?

What else would you suggest i need? I really would like to keep it very simple. I'm only 135lbs =)

So far on the order list i got the:

Whoopie Slings "All In One" system - http://shop.whoopieslings.com/All-In-One-system-AI1.htm

MSR Ground Hog Stakes - http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Ground-Hog.../dp/B0007MYNEU

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7SL & Traveler 1.1SL
    Tarp
    HG Hex & Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    Welcome to the Madness
    At 135# go with Dynaglide whoopies. I have a WB Bug net, and it really looks nice (have not used it yet) When it come to a trap? You need to pick one that fits your trip plan. I do a lot of one night hangs in good weather. so, I use my WB Asym. just 7 oz.
    Hope it helps
    I have never failed, I have been very Successful finding out what does Not work.

Haha yeah madness! Whats 135#? And why the dynaglide? Just for weight? Also where do i find WB Bug net? Like i said I'm totally new lol And i dont care at all about weight, just need best quality. Im going to Ukraine for a while and need some durable stuff.

Do you have a Eno Double? Im guessing the WB Travel net on their website is the only one they have and should work OK with this hammock yes?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    hey GP I love my ENO Double

My son even took out west for 2 weeks while traveling with some friends
    and he loved it too almost too much I had to fight him to get it back
    (well almost)

i have found it to be very comfortable I think you will too
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBBB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE LR, Enlightene
    you can't go wrong with the whoopies. my daughter weights 100 lbs and the slap straps don't stretch too bad with her though.

a ridgeline is not mandatory in any way. it just helps you get the hammock setup approximatley the same degree of sag every time. it will also give you a place to hang stuff and could function as the ridgeline for your bug net. there are a lot of benifits to a ridgeline but you don't necessarily have to have it.

I have the guardian and I haven't been bitten yet while using it. that being said, it's a pain in the but to set up in my opinion. I just bought the a Warbonnet blackbird hammock mainly because i have the option of using it with the bugnet zipped over me or i can toss it back and sleep in an open hammock and not have to fiddle with a seperate bugnet, just my preferance.

I don't have any complaints yet with my ENO fast fly. I don't do much backpacking so weight isn't that big of a deal to me but the fly seems to keep water off me (when we get here in texas LOL)

most everything i have aquired in this hobby has been due to personal preferances. go with your basic setup and if you don't like something, then try and change it. that's the best advise i can give.

hope that helps. and welcom aboard!

Anyone try the WB Bug-Net for the Eno Double?? Better than the Eno Bug-Net??

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    most everything i have aquired in this hobby has been due to personal preferances. go with your basic setup and if you don't like something, then try and change it. that's the best advise i can give.
    Ditto

Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Warbonnet http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/travelers.php and Wildernesslogics http://wildernesslogics.com/NOSEEUM-...UM-BUG-NET.htm both have good bug nets for use with open gathered end hammoks.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBBB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE LR, Enlightene
    I've never heard a bad thing about Warbonnet. from what i understand, Brandon is swampped with orders right now so I would plan on a fairly lengthy wait if you order from them. on the other hand, he may have one made that he can ship right away, it would be a gamble. there is no doubt that it would be well constructed and work though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast