WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    He doesn't exist, it's all a myth! Sometimes all you need to do is call his name out from the trail and ??????????
    Yes Cranky Bear, there is a Stormcrow.

David

Whoooohooooo look at that beauty! Sweet stuff man, tye Crow clan does some mighty fine work!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    Yes Cranky Bear, there is a Stormcrow.

David

Sorry it was a sad attempt at a jab at the man! Gotta get em in when ya can!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Images
    Yeah, my brother runs a small business that is all online website sales and let me tell you, it can be really hard to give everyone that personal touch that they all want. He has 1 full time and one part time person that just answers emails all day long. And as a small business, all it takes is a few customers to write a bad or even neutral post on a forum to drag down all the rest of the hard work to make the other satisfied customers.

I am glad to see that this issue was resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I am personally waiting for a full set of 20 deg top and bottom quilts for myself and my wife from Adam. I cant' wait to see for myself how great their products are.

Nate

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I don't think that your original post was closed because it was a slam. You had a right to comment about your dealings. It was because the posts were drifting off topic.

Glad you were able to work things out to your satisfaction. I knew that they'd come through for you.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Now that your tarp is done, and that is a sweet looking tarp, Adam will be freed up to make my beauty.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    OP:
    You had been trying to get a custom rain fly. What are the dimensions of this one?

Or is it the size and dimension of one that HG has standardized on, as somewhat described at the hammockgear.com web page? In which case, is the length between the corners the length of the ridgeline?

With what will you replace the carabiners shown in the photo?

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    Glad things worked out to your satisfaction. It is also nice to see that you will continue to do business with Adam and Jen despite your set backs. I have heard of several instances where these particular vendors have gone way above the standard of customer service.

I would also agree the original post was not closed due to you 'slamming' the vendor. Angrysparrow shared the view that both good and bad experiences are to be shared. You prefaced the alleged 'slam' by saying you had previously had good experiences with the vendor, and did not respond with rancor or indignation when your motives were questioned. I believe you also accepted that maybe an actual phone call would have gotten better results. You have done the right thing by posting the successful conclusion. I think the post was most likely closed because you were the one starting to get 'slammed' and it is easy for things to get out of hand out here in the wilds of the internet.

There are none of us who are perfect, but it is how we handle our imperfections that define us. I think in this case both parties made errors or were lacking, but came to a mutually acceptable resolution. Now all that is left is to all get out there and enjoy our gear.

P.S. A hearty THANK YOU to the mods who help keep this place the nicest spot on the net!
    Hangin' High and Dry

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Now that your tarp is done, and that is a sweet looking tarp, Adam will be freed up to make my beauty.
    My thoughts exactly
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY - HH - ENO
    Tarp
    OES - HG
    Insulation
    DIY - HG
    Suspension
    WS - AHE
    Images
    I didn't mean to imply that I believed my thread had been closed because it was a slam. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support!

Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    OP:
    You had been trying to get a custom rain fly. What are the dimensions of this one?

Or is it the size and dimension of one that HG has standardized on, as somewhat described at the hammockgear.com web page? In which case, is the length between the corners the length of the ridgeline?

With what will you replace the carabiners shown in the photo?
    The tarp I ordered has panel pulls on one side, and has doors only on one end. The ridgeline is 11' and width is 8.5, so very similar to the standard 4S - major differences are simply doors on one end rather than both and panel pulls only on one side.

My previous tarp used those biners, because they are far lighter than S-biners and more mitten-friendly than soft shackles. I'm not certain that I'll replace them. They weigh a measly 3 grams a piece and hold quite well. Got them from Lawson here: link

Do you have something that you'd recommend instead?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast