Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images

HH Safari Netless No More

I purchased a HH Safari, with the view to adding a noseeum net during the winter, so the hammock would be ready for this spring. Procrastination, moving, and having to hunt for the sewing machine, caused me to delay until just this last few weeks. I utilized Headchange4u's measuring technique to determine the size of the noseeum required, and I then decided on the method of attaching the net to the hammock. I decided I wanted to be able to totally remove the netting during bugless times, so I used a completely separating zipper, in a #10 YYk tooth, not coil, zippper. I know this is very heavy, but so is the Safari, and I doubt that any gram weenies would want to carry this far. The zipper is 120 inches in lenth, and is 2 iinches too short for the actual lenth of the hammock sides. I put the 2 inches on one end, and jury-rigged a "velcro-like temp fix to keep the end closed. Sorry that there are no pictures just yet, but I am missing my sd card for the camera, and will take pictures as soon as I get another card. The sewing seems to be OK, and my wife, who as sewn for many years, says it is a good first project.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Can't wait to see some pics.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Yeah, me too. Congrats on your first project!

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldnSlow View Post
    I purchased a HH Safari, with the view to adding a noseeum net during the winter, so the hammock would be ready for this spring. Procrastination, moving, and having to hunt for the sewing machine, caused me to delay until just this last few weeks. I utilized Headchange4u's measuring technique to determine the size of the noseeum required, and I then decided on the method of attaching the net to the hammock. I decided I wanted to be able to totally remove the netting during bugless times, so I used a completely separating zipper, in a #10 YYk tooth, not coil, zippper. I know this is very heavy, but so is the Safari, and I doubt that any gram weenies would want to carry this far. The zipper is 120 inches in lenth, and is 2 iinches too short for the actual lenth of the hammock sides. I put the 2 inches on one end, and jury-rigged a "velcro-like temp fix to keep the end closed. Sorry that there are no pictures just yet, but I am missing my sd card for the camera, and will take pictures as soon as I get another card. The sewing seems to be OK, and my wife, who as sewn for many years, says it is a good first project.

wow thats cool,i hope you can post pre op and post op pics.neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    There are some pics of the job, posted in my gallery. It will surely work in the bush, even if it won't win any prizes at the fair.
    Last edited by OldnSlow; 07-19-2008 at 08:58. Reason: figured out how to add thumbnails

• + New Posts