hh asym.
    Tarp
    cooke custom
    Insulation
    exped, down bag.
    Suspension
    nylon straps.

hh silver reflective mats

anyone here using the heat shields from the hh website? how comfy are they, are they noisy? thanks

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am using the HH Deep Jungle, which is double layer and comes with mats you mention. So far seems very comfortable and have not noted noise or sweating . I have had it down to 40's with just my sleeping bag. Had to get into the bag at that temp to stop cold butt syndrome but was fine after that. I wouldn't go any colder then that without a regular UQ. It rolls up nicely and is very light.

Hammock
    Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always
    Comfy it is when using a double layered hammock. I keep mine for warmer temps now. I suspect it will work with my WBBB, but have yet to test it with that, only a HH DJ. I took it to iust below freezing with a regular sized Neo Air before I bought a UQ. I was comfortable, save my shoulders which were chilled.
    Last edited by ftroop94; 04-07-2012 at 14:58.
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    I am using the HH Deep Jungle, which is double layer and comes with mats you mention. So far seems very comfortable and have not noted noise or sweating . I have had it down to 40's with just my sleeping bag. Had to get into the bag at that temp to stop cold butt syndrome but was fine after that. I wouldn't go any colder then that without a regular UQ. It rolls up nicely and is very light.
    I've had similar exerience with mine as well, but IMHO its only useful for car camping (YMMV). While it does roll up nicely and is extremely light, it takes up a lot of room. Its about 6"-8" diameter when rolled, and about 12" long. It takes up a lot of room in the pack, and I found it difficult to lash it to anything on the outside. Once rolled, it doesn't compress much and its kind of slippery.

I did notice one other effect when I took it to the Houston Hang a couple of weeks ago. Night time temps were in the low 50's and it worked very well for that application. But I found out that if the hammock is in direct sunlight, the pad will retain some of that heat. I have no idea how long that effect will last as I discovered it when I laid down for a nap at around 2:00 in the afternoon and the day time temp had gotten to about 80 (yes, in TX we can have temp fluctuations of +/-30* in a 12 hour period). I took it out so I could be more comfy. That may have some use in colder climates.

I've decided that I'll use it when nite time temps are between 40* and 60* if I'm car camping only and use a PLUQ with an undercover if camping on the trail. The PLUQ and undercover will be much more useful than the HH reflectix pad if there comes a need to go to ground.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    OES MacCat'D Cuben
    Insulation
    Usually nothing
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I've had similar exerience with mine as well, but IMHO its only useful for car camping (YMMV). While it does roll up nicely and is extremely light, it takes up a lot of room.
    Yeah - and I would add it it light, but not as light as an equivalent sized piece of 1/8 CCF. CCF is still bulky and is probably a fraction colder. Like others i have been good to about freezing with the hennessey mat, but would not take it colder than that.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    They work ok. Not to noisy, but they are slippery and move around somewhat. trying to work out a solution to that. As for packing I fold mine up into a rectangular shape and it gets tucked into the external pocket on my Gregory Z55.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Classic
    Tarp
    HH Exped Fly
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Rap rings & krabs
    I'm going to be trying one in a couple of weeks with a HH Exped. The tie outs don't line up with the hammock ones though. The bottom looks in the right place, but not the top, so I'm going to punch another hole in it and insert a metal eyelet to overcome this. This should then enable it to be tied off and stop any movement.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I like it in my HHDJ very much. It is made specifically for that hammock, so it fits great and is held in place by shock cord and clips, and is fairly warm. I havent noticed any noise.
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    DDCamping/HennessySafari
    Tarp
    Etowa10/10silnylon
    Insulation
    GL TQ /Yeti&AHE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Images
    The Reflectives you buy from Lowes for 15$ works fine also and is cheaper!
    High ground is dry ground!
    Moondoggy

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Long
    Tarp
    HH stock (diamond)
    Insulation
    Incubator+Renegade
    Suspension
    huggers & whoopies
    I use the reflectix pad with my HHDJ(XL) all the time (exept for hot summer nights when no pad is used). I have a 0 degree synthetic sleeping bag and have been warm in this with this and the relfectix down to 15 degrees. I have been out in much lower temperatures, and just added a layer or two.
    I don't notice any noise at all from the pad.
    I backpack with an external frame pack, and I put the pad in a mesh bag after rolling it up and then lash it to the bottom. The mesh bag takes care of the slipperyness mentioned by others.

• + New Posts