Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
I used a shop-vac to harvest down from a comforter... Once... Next time, I'll put some no-see-um on a paper towel tube and only fill that... I overfilled the shop-vac and when I opened it, it went everywhere...

I'd say don't mix, but use the 800 in the center baffles and overstuff slightly. Or make the center baffles a little thicker and use the 800 there... I suffer from CBS and cold feet quite easily (even in my bed) and every time I sleep in a hammock, I wake with frozen feet even in warm temps.

anyway, My thought was put the most insulation where you need it, in the center 3 baffles...

Pics! I want Pics!

Glad to see you're taking the DIY plunge! I have my UQ all laid out and cut. Bottom layer is marked, but I haven't started sewing yet...

John
I agree John! These are 3 season UQ and I have plenty of 650. So I'll stick with the 650 on these.

I'm not sure if I have enough 800 to make all 3 of our winter Underquilts (later project ). When I get to that project, I think that I will use the 800 where I need it most, and the 650 every where else in those. I also suffer chronic cold butt syndrome. Seems to make since to me.