Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Update- he finally got back to me! He was very apologetic and there was confusion with my order and when he moved. It had been confirmed in the system and marked sent by accident. He's sending it this week express post at no extra cost which is good. Better late then never. Just like to say thanks to everyone for there help!

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    One of the results of in-office and at-home shipping registration is that parcel gets logged into the system before it arrives at the shipper. Or, in the case of the USPS, a person could use an electronic scale and registration device, put the package in the secure internal PO Box and then not have it scanned within the same PO between, say Saturday noon and Monday AM.

I've stopped myself from telling a recipient something is "in the mail" until I'm back from the PO, so intentions and actions aren't confused.

Thanks demostiX. Good to know!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    One of the results of in-office and at-home shipping registration is that parcel gets logged into the system before it arrives at the shipper. Or, in the case of the USPS, a person could use an electronic scale and registration device, put the package in the secure internal PO Box and then not have it scanned within the same PO between, say Saturday noon and Monday AM.

I've stopped myself from telling a recipient something is "in the mail" until I'm back from the PO, so intentions and actions aren't confused.
    There is now also the issue of other shippers using the USPS as their end route deliverer and they will scan it as delivered when they have only dropped it at the local post office.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post

We had an order from Redden a while back and was hoping it was going to arrive in a few days. When we looked it up on USPS site it showed to still be in Washington. Fifteen minutes later it was on the front porch.(in Tennessee)
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Good to see that everything was figured out. I am sure with the move and everything it was a little bit hectic. Small price to pay for quality gear!
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Hey Brian, any news on that tarp and stuff sacks? Still no sign of them. Have they been sent? Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Pheonix/Burrow 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey Adam - Hang in there
    I was also delayed in getting my tarp shipped due to the move - my tarp looks like it went out about the same time as yours.
    I'm in canada and it just arrived on Monday! - it seemed to have got held up in customs for over a week.

Thanks Lofty. It's just that I've been waiting since Feb with the mix up and he said he would get onto it about 2.5 weeks ago offering express shipping. Just a little frustrating geting left in the dark constantly. And I've been on a couple of camping trips using a crappy tarp from the hardware store! haha. All i can do is wait though. Thanks

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Hey Adam - Hang in there
    I was also delayed in getting my tarp shipped due to the move - my tarp looks like it went out about the same time as yours.
    I'm in canada and it just arrived on Monday! - it seemed to have got held up in customs for over a week.
    I know before I ever type a word I'm going to be the bad guy, having said that here goes. For those of you either in business or trying to be in business do everyone a favor and make a decision. I don't know why anyone should be made to feel bad that they bought and paid for something and didn't receive it and can't get a response. I'm a business owner and people expect me to communicate and follow thru or I'm out of business. It seems as thought Adam did his part, he ordered an item and PAID FOR IT and all he expected was some timely communication and the item/items he PAID FOR. Why would anyone do business with someone who is part time here and can't/won't communicate with someone that paid for an item? Does anyone here buy groceries at a store where you don't get all you paid for? Anyone have phone service that only works sometime? I went through something similar in February trying to purchase a tarp. One thing I have learned if you have to beg someone to sell you something don't expect things to get better if you have a problem. If you want to know what service is, buy something from Marty at WL. He doesn't just provide a quality product at a fair price he services his customer. You aren't just satisfied, your **** glad you did business with him, as it should be. And just a closing thought, when it's not your money or your merchandise one might think twice before criticizing someone that has does everything right and just wants his stuff. Wow I sure feel better.
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast