currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an

MY 1st set up and why!

Ok folks i pulled the trigger and my first basic set up is on its way should have everything by my next days off! this is what i bought and why

Snugpak jungle hammock $57 (outdoor bunker on amazon)
    400lb rating and with bug net and suspension 20 oz. also with this i can afford to play and mod with and not out alot if somehow If it rips and runs on me

DD Hammocks 3m x3m tarp with 15' of 6mm line and snakeskins $92 ( $68-tarp $10-line $14-snakeskins)
    wanted something more than a walmart and something lighter than a kelty or guide gear, I also thought this should last for at least one full year and well into winter, so thinking is here more mods to ridgline guy lines not the tarp.

Tarp snakeskins $16 from nkoutdoors ( hey its charity ) and because i thought it would be nice and i cant stop myself!
    so total for first set up so far( yes i said so far) $165

with all that being said i have posted another thread in the suspension section some more questions if you can please check it out lol

looking forward to probably a sb 1.9 for winter and maybe a bigger lighter oes tarp..and yes and ug and tq well what about a gear hammock......lol

will post pics and reviews ( a noobs review)!

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    A good start... welcome to never waking up with a sore back!

Now get out and hang someplace close to home (I've hung more in my back yard than on the trail!) Be sure to take some pics and let us know how it works out!

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    A good start... welcome to never waking up with a sore back!

Now get out and hang someplace close to home (I've hung more in my back yard than on the trail!) Be sure to take some pics and let us know how it works out!

John
    I think Ive hung more in my living room than in the backyard, or out on the trail. Welcome aboard mountainhanger. Ill look forward to your upcoming review.
    with two m's, like "hammock."

Very nice..
    Thanks for sharing this with us..

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an

heres some video

here it is everyone. I should write up a review, but feel like such a noob dontknow if i will besides, mostof it is in this video. I will say that it did hold me even pushing the limit, and while i look alot like a turtle on it's back i am sure i am gonna get the hang of this. I will say this it is definetly like no other way to lay I am new to this backpacking and bought a tent right off. When i started watching Shug i started thinking and am glad I did. cant wait to use it officially when i go to Charles Deam Wilderness when my son graduates in May!
    So Enjoy the video, Be patient with its quality, and really any and all suggestions would be appreciated as my head is swimming in the possibilities..
    http://youtu.be/oHASNwSEpAw
    Last edited by mountainhanger; 04-18-2012 at 05:45. Reason: trying to learn how to upload videos

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    I fixed your link for you....

• + New Posts