Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moseng View Post
    Well, It seems I've done the impossible once again! I have a DD Travel Hammock. I replaced the stock suspension with some new straps and whoopies, but other than that it's stock. I was sleeping with it turned upside down so the net was was on the bottom. I would say it was not too tight either as suggested, but it certainly was not loose by any means. Not sure why I fell out but I NEVER sleep during the day, so 3 times in a hammock during the day and 3 times falling asleep means I'm not giving up yet! Maybe a ridgeline set to the right spot would help?
    Hang 'Em Low! Not familiar with this hammock, but it will be easier to fall out of some hammocks than others. Some are much more of a "bath tub" than others, like a Speer, which I can not imagine falling out of. Same with my JRB Bridge, despite the spreader bars, I can not imagine falling out of it. It has enough bat tub going on to make that really hard. But maybe not impossible.

Probably would be easier with my narrow Claytor No Net, but have never come close.

I did wake up partly in the net on my 1st night ever in a hammock- a HH Explorer UL. This was after some wild acrobatics trying desperately to get inside a mummy bag on that 22F night. But still,the net saved me.

Hammock
    DIY Gear Supply pattern
    Tarp
    8x10 Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & slings
    Quote Originally Posted by moseng View Post
    Maybe a ridgeline set to the right spot would help?
    I'd either try a shorter ridgeline or a seat belt. Probably shouldn't hang over water for a while, either.

Seriously, though, are you rolling off the edge, or is it flipping over with you?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Thinlight pad
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    My brother has an amusing (well, to me anyway) story about sleeping in his off brand bridge hammock with integrated bug net. It involves him waking up with the hammock upside down and him lying on the "ceiling" and unable to access the exit. He had to enlist his fellow campers to get out of the hammock.

I have found myself with my head right up against the bug net in the Hennessy. I suppose it may have kept me in the hammock. Never really thought of it that way. Compared to my other hammock, the Hennessy feels very steady. Although when I think of falling out, I definitely think of tipping, because that's what happens in my net hammock. I suppose if the netting weren't there, I could roll out of the Hennessy. But then there's no netting around my bed at home, and I haven't rolled out of that.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Got to be some of the problems cover already. I have trouble getting out of either my DIY house hammock or my hiking hammock. Can't imagine how I could fall out of them since I'm pretty much cacooned.
    Well... not so much trouble, but more of not wanting to get out! Getting closer to 9:00 every morning.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I'd say a 99% chance of being strung way too tight.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12