Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
Oh man that's awesome. I'll shoot you a pm soon with an answer to that. Problem being my schedule is insane with all this end of semester stuff. Ya know, since the new parking lot additions and a feature in Backpacker Magazine users of the trail have close to tripled. It used to be "oh no problem we will be able to use a campsite", to being a question of availability. I went last weekend when the weather broke and there were quite a few cars there. If I had been staying overnight I would have been worried about finding a spot.

but, of course then the wonderful solution that is a hammock, comes in to play But yea I will let you know.

BTW its 5:00PM here on the east coast, no package I guess I am s.o.l. for today...but there is always a whole other day for anxiousness.
I always worry about getting a camping spot at a place with only 3 official campsites but if the worst happens we will just move inland and make a spot of our own stealth style. Not to worried about finding a spot for my hammock but there will be two other tents that might have trouble. I think I read somewhere in there literature that if all the sites were taken that you could camp responcebly along the coast at your descretion. still pretty early in the season for most campers around here anyway, the close to freezing temps at night scare most lightweights away