Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Take a deep breath bro... don't let that blood pressure get ya.
    What may help would be to take a nap in your claytor
    maybe every one else will have better luck than meneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    maybe every one else will have better luck than meneo
    Hopefully so. Why don't we just wait & see.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    for those of you that do get a dd hammock that is still usable or repairable one thing i highly recommend is through the webbing that comes with it in the trash and convert to the ring buckle set up.the webbing is simular to the claytor webbing basically worthless.i feel like a kid in a candy store that just got robbed.my excitement turned quickly to dissapointment and diasterneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Neo, take a deep breath. You could have at least salvaged the fabric rather than just pitching it out. Or called DD, or sold it to one of us.

I don't even notice the length of the hammock because of the width, and I am taller than you by 3 inches. I usually lay diagonally in mine, due to the added width. Maybe your comfort in the hammock was due to the sag - it hangs differently than other hammocks, and just like any hammock, the sag needs to be played with to find your sweet spot.

As far as the quality - Nick did say they were 2nds, and that the tabs may have sewing issues. I wish you had taken pics of the failures b4 you pitched the hammock out - it would have been very informative for the rest of us to see what to watch for.

I, for one, will inspect all the seams and tabs before hanging, and resew the tabs b4 putting any stress on them if they show any sign of improper sewing or weakness. I may even sew a grosgrain strip the length of the tabs for reinforcement if it seems to be an issue.

I know you are mad about the situation, but any manufacturer can have some defects, and these were sold as 2nds, not as pristine, perfect merchandise. Hopefully nobody else has these issues you reported, or has been too colored by your report to give a good hammock a try. Yes, the DD is a good hammock, despite your report, and is a very comfortable hammock. I have no issues with my first one, and expect no issues with the new one I'm getting from the group buy. If I do, I will report honestly and descriptively on the issues, with pictures of the failures. And I will contact DD about the hammock in question if it came to that, and I would expect a response from Nick in return. But again, I expect no issues because I already have a DD. It's not my main hammock (that is a Clark,) but it is a great hammock for the price, and I have no reservations about the quality or material used in the DD.
    Last edited by fin; 07-22-2008 at 22:33.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    neo et al,

When the idea of the DD Hammock group buy first came up I posted an interest check thread which stated, at the bottom of the thread, quoted from Nick @ DD Hammocks:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    The only reason they are seconds is because of missing or weak mosquito net loops - other than that there is nothing wrong with them. There are normally 5 loops to support the net at either end so even with a couple of unusable loops the net can still be supported and with 10 minutes sewing you can have all the loops back in place.
    I know that you are angry and you feel like you have been wronged, but I mentioned several times the fact that the hammocks had sewing defects. Nick even asked me to remind the people ordering that there was some problems with the tabs on the netting, which I did in this post.

I think the bad name that you are trying to give Nick and DD Hammocks is undeserved. I am really happy with my hammock and Nick has been great through this whole process. He answered any questions that I had very quickly and was very nice guy to deal with overall. The whole group buy transaction went incredibly smooth and I couldn't be happier with the whole process. I mean I ordered the hammocks on a Monday, they shipped on Tuesday, and I got them on Friday...from the UK. I have had packages come from the West Coast that took longer to get to me.

I really wish you had contacted me before throwing the hammock in the trash and I would have tried to work something out with you.

I think, as other receive their hammocks, they will chime and a let people know that the DD Hammock is really a quality product overall, despite the sewing errors that were made public before anyone ordered the first hammock.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 07-23-2008 at 08:55.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Nick @ DD Hammocks sent me an email this morning:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Hi Jason,

I received a couple of emails from Rick (Neo on Hammock Forums) last night.

I'm really upset that he posted what he did and the way in which he went about it.

Below is a copy of my reply to his email which I'm happy to be posted on Hammock Forums. Personally I find such an avalanche of one sided negative comments like this ridiculous especially given the fact that Rick didn't wait for a response from me and only emailed me after he had posted numerous times. Forum threads are generally placed quite high on search engines and this is going to do alot of damage to DD Hammocks. As I say below it would be good to hear from others as I'm sure not many people will share his views.

Thank you,

Nick

-----------------copy of email sent to Rick (Neo)--------------------

Hi Rick,

I'm really upset with the whats happened here.

The damage you have done to DD Hammocks name by posting the way you did on Hammock Forums is huge.

First you say "this hammock absolutely sucks" because it is too short for you. Well I can tell you this is the first time I've heard of anyone your height saying that about the Hammock. Our Hammocks used to be slightly shorter and due to customer feedback we made them longer - from all the feedback we received we came to the conclusion that the current length would be the ideal length for the majority of people (any longer would be a waste of material). We have even had a couple of people requesting a smaller size (this includes a survival school).

You then go on to tell people that the Hammock is "worthless to me" because of the size. Thats fair enough if you really feel its too small, of course you are entitled to your opinion, however why did you feel the need to say this repeatedly? As a self proclaimed "hard core hammock camper a 4season hammock camper at that" (as you said in another email to me) did you go back to the Hammock and experiment to see if you could make yourself more comfortable in it?

Its clear by this stage you already have it in for the DD Hammock, "short hammocks suck period nothing to do with opinion" - again this is your opinion on a point you have already made several times! Maybe other people could be given time to have a say about the size.

An hour later your Hammock is apparently "falling apart" - the Hammock was sold to you as a 'second' as I stated before you bought it this was due to loose loops on the mosquito net. It should NOT have had any other problems.

You mention the mosquito net was "not sewn to zipper either" - if this was the case I'm sorry, to the best of my knowledge we have never had that problem before. As with most products on the market very occasionally there is a problem, although we try our best to ensure that it does not happen. In this case we would expect you to CONTACT US regarding the problem and see what could be done about it. What did you do? In less than four hours you posted 23 times on Hammocks Forums negative comments about DD Hammocks without waiting for even one response from us. This I personally find rediculous!

After a number of posts about the Hammock being garbage you post this "i am mad and disgusted with dd hammocks.i bet this guy does nothing for his customers like tom claytor does i just have to take a loss and be mad about it."

Why didn't you email "this guy" and wait for a response from him before posting this??? If you had emailed me or read other feedback on the web about DD Hammocks you'd find most people would say we have very high standard of customer service.

You will obviously be surprised to know we will replace any Hammock with problems. Also if you were unhappy with the size of the Hammock we could have offered you a refund if you'd returned the Hammock to us. Things you didn't even consider.. Another thing you must also be unaware of is I welcome customer feedback (there is a page on DD Hammocks' website - http://www.ddhammocks.com/ideas.php - where we ask people for their ideas so we can work to improve our products).

Then you post this "nicks screwed us what else can i say and probally got the worst one yet" - I'm offended by your comments here. I have never tried to screw anyone, as the people that know me could tell you. DD Hammocks has been around for over three years, if we had the attitude that you refer to would we still be here?

So after your posting frenzy what have you achieved? Did you get a replacement Hammock or a refund as you could have...no but you have managed to cause a massive amount of damage to DD Hammocks' name by your posting frenzy (23 times in under 4 hours!) on a great website.

As I think is probably clear by now I'm extremely unhappy with the comments you made and don't think you gave the Hammock or our customer service a chance. Your second email I found quite abusive.

I, as I guess others too, would like to hear from different people about their Hammocks. Maybe you can give others a chance to say what they think?

Regards,

Nick

[email protected]
    http://www.ddhammocks.com
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    i emailed nick back this morning.i told he should be more upset with the people
    that poorly made his hammocks not someone like me that got a really bad one.i hope every body here gets a etter deal than i did.nick acts like i committed a crime bad mouthing his extremely poorly made hammock.
    i will always remember him as a masn that dont care about what he sells on the internetneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Nick @ DD Hammocks sent me an email this morning:
    what going to to do dd hammocks damage is him selling hammocks that a poorly sewnneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Neo - you are entitled to your opinion. And that opinion has been heard. Now, please stop spamming the forum with repeated negative posts about DD Hammocks. Let's give everyone else in the group buy a chance to get their hammocks and have their say, just like you've had yours.

Frankly, as a member of HF I'm 'embarassed by association' for the way you've reacted.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Pending
    Insulation
    RidgeRest CCP
    Images
    Wow, I am slightly disgusted and embarrassed myself for your tirade over your quick impressions of DD hammocks Neo, rubbing someone the wrong way to the point of that person sending a personal message about company name damage and badgering? I have not once on this website read a post or review that was not addressed in an objective manner (informative) with respect and courteous objective criticism or input being given to the individuals involved. One subjectively negative hammock experience from a biased Claytor lover shouldn't be the only taste potentially thousands of people who browse Hammockforums are left with in their mouth concerning DD hammocks. From the number of extremely rude and distasteful comments left at the beginning of this thread I don't know how anyone will, you didn't give DD a flippin' chance. I highly doubt DD hammocks years of work, production, and customer service is "trash" or "sucks", not everyone is out to get people or "screw" them over. I have no experience with DD hammocks, however the manner and tone in Nicks email response to you Neo reflects very much the way in which DD hammocks conducts themselves in my opinion. I'm sure you've toned down Neo and the steam is settling, but man, you might want to see about editing or deleting some of your emotionally visceral responses at the beginning of this thread and let others actually test and respond. My 2 cents.
    [....] Our remnants of wilderness will yield bigger values to the nation's character and health than they will to its pocketbook, and to destroy them will be to admit that the latter are the only values that interest us.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast