custom work for tall people?

I'm always skeptical about "our stuff will fit you" claims. Those of you who are tall understand, those who fit within the bell curve don't.

The dude in the WB demo videos appears sizable and he seems to fit in the BB hammock. Seeing this eases my skepticism.

Are any of you in excess of 6'4"? Do you feel like you have to compensate to fit in a BB hammock? Does WB do custom work? Say, increase the scale of a BB by 15%?

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Im 6'7"+ no problems with my 1.1 DL. Great Hammock. Now everything else I own is custom hahah!

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm 6'5" and am happy in the Warbonnet Blackbird. If he made a longer version, I'd probably buy one, but there's no "need" for it, really. I do have an 11' WB Traveler as well. Comfy!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    You can find a longer hammock with integrated netting from other makers. There is a lot of tailoring and fabric pieces in the Warbonnet, so bespoke fitting would be costly, even if Warbonnet wanted to do it.

Switchbacks from Tree to Tree are longer. Without bug net, but with other features: hammocks from Wilderness Logics are long.

How many degrees off center could one lay in those switchbacks? Anyone know?

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    You can find a longer hammock with integrated netting from other makers. There is a lot of tailoring and fabric pieces in the Warbonnet, so bespoke fitting would be costly, even if Warbonnet wanted to do it.

Switchbacks from Tree to Tree are longer. Without bug net, but with other features: hammocks from Wilderness Logics are long.
    I don't want to start a flame war but I found the Switchback to be very uncomfortable, enough so that after two nights I returned it. YMMV.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I found the Switchback to be very uncomfortable
    Care to point out why?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Dream Puff
    I made a Diy Stretch side out of a piece of 10.5 x 5 fabric. With a 30 degree hang my 7ft brother found it comfortable enough that he has decided to switch to hammock camping. I have since made him one that is 12 x 5, but he was fine with the 10.5 x5. I can't speak to specific brands, but the dimensions above fit a 7 footer.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsemod View Post
    How many degrees off center could one lay in those switchbacks? Anyone know?
    The goal is to be comfortable, not to lay more or less diagonal. I think I was surprised to see that the Switchbacks were narrower than I expected.

Well, that's the definition of surprise, isn't it. The point is that there are different ways of getting to comfort. In a just 8' x 4' Clark, I -- not challenging stretch or maximum length or diagonal, can vary the ridgeline so the feel varies from narrow to plenty wide -- the same way a 48" quilt can be plenty wide -- to loose enough at the sides that I could wonder how Clark made it without elastic in the sides and also why a footbox would be added to any hammock, because there the footbox is.

The last two are comfortable in different ways and in slightly different diagonal positions, for me at my height, but the middle condition has no compromise in side-floppiness. The middle ridgeline is also wider. Just as the footbox is well-formed in the loosest condition, my shoulder to the opposite side substantially raises the other side of the hammock, resulting in a "shoulder and head" box, which is a little narrower than I would like.

• + New Posts