Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Here is a pic of the loops. I am looking for suggestion on reattaching. It appears they are sewn under the piece of webbing that crosses the width of the mesh. I don think I will be able to get them under the webbing. Could I just sew them on top of the webbing??

Another thing- Once I cut the frays off the loops, they will be smaller (the opening of the loop). Should I get new webbing or will a smaller loop be ok. I could see where I may need a larger loop if I plan to use sticks as a spreader bar. I intend to use an arrow and carry them as part of the kit.

Any constructive advice is appreciated.
    yep thats exactly how mine lookedneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ken209 View Post
    I must have lucked out on my 2 hammocks, all the loops are sewn good, i pulled on each one, they did not come loose. Hung them in my basement, laid in them, for the money they are great hammocks. Thanks HC4U for all your work.
    Ken W.
    i am glad some one got luckyneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    ccf
    I just opened mine. Add another one to the lucky pile. I have looked over mine three times and have yet to find a flaw to make it a 2nd. Needs a little "airing" out which I'm doing right now. I will look into changing the suspension method as some others have suggested. I am well pleased. Thanks again headchanger.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I just opened mine. Add another one to the lucky pile. I have looked over mine three times and have yet to find a flaw to make it a 2nd. Needs a little "airing" out which I'm doing right now. I will look into changing the suspension method as some others have suggested. I am well pleased. Thanks again headchanger.
    good for you broneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I went for a really nice day hike to a little known place outside Berea, Ky called Anglin Falls. It was my first time there and it was a really cool spot. I'll post some pics later.

I took my DD Hammock with me to try it out. I sent about an hour reading in the hammock and ended up falling asleep and took a 1 1/2 hour nap. It's a very comfy hammock. I was not immune to the loose tabs on the netting. All of the tabs on one end were firmly attached while 3 tabs came off the other end of the hammock. I plan on removing all the tabs and using some 1/2" or 3/4" webbing to replace the stock tabs. I'm kinda glad that my tabs came off because I think they need to be more widely spaced. It would help to keep the netting out of your face on the sides.

It took me a couple of tries to get it set up correctly. It's been a while since I've set up a hammock without a structural ridge line. I ended up not having much sag when I found the setup that was most comfortable. I was surprised how little stretch there was to the body of the hammock. I think that was one reason it is so comfortable. The length is about perfect for my 5' 10" frame. I took my JRB 11X10 tarp with me and it had great coverage for the hammock.

I am really happy with my hammock. It's built like a tank. I picked up a green CCF pad at a military surplus store a few days ago and I have my Gossamer Gear pads that I think will work well with this hammock. I still haven't decided the best suspension system for the hammock, but it will probably be ring buckles and or cinch buckles. I have no plans on putting a ridge line at the moment.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I got mine today. Nice hammock. I don't know why it is a 2nd except the seam that attaches the hammock body to the zipper isn't finished. They didn't do a rolled hem and the edge of material is exposed to fraying. Is everyone elses like that? Now let the modifying begin.
    1. Suspension is laughable, will change it out with either tri glides or buckles.
    2. I will probably add some kind of tie out around the head to pull the body and netting away from my face. I can use a small piece of the bungee that they supply with the netting for a shock cord.
    3. Bungee for netting needs replaced with 1/8th" shock cord.
    4. a couple of bra clips to hold the bottom layer shut. I noticed the wind would blow it open and it leads to the netting and top layer laying on my face.
    5. I may look into putting webbing loops on the 4 outside corners so I can convert it to a bridge ala Griz's DMB style. It won't have a cat cut but it will be easy to try.
    6. I may add a ridgeline between the 2 inside loops of the bugnetting and add a nice bugnet pocket. The netting stays so far above you you could hang lots of stuff up there like cheeseburgers.

The hammock feels roomy like my explorer. The material and plenty strong enough and are probably overkill making it a little heavy.

If this hammock was a Brittish WW2 bomber, it would be a Lancaster B.Mk.II and I would use it to carpet bomb Griz's Sturmvogel factories.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I got mine today. Nice hammock....
    If this hammock was a Brittish WW2 bomber, it would be a Lancaster B.Mk.II and I would use it to carpet bomb Griz's Sturmvogel factories.
    I knew I would regret relinquishing my DD token and thereby yield the balance of hammock terror to Dutch. HC4U, there goes your vacation. sorry.

Grizz

Got my hammocks today. I haven't had time to check them out to thouroughly as of yet, but it appears that mine just has lots of white sewers marks on it that will rub right off, tabs looked ok, but then again, I am a hangin' noob. I might end up on my butt if'n I get time to try em out. Hopefully, that will be sooner than later.

Thanks for setting up the group buy, I am quite pleased so far.

Some one show me how to set these things up?? I got biners and 1.5 inch polyester seat belt webbing on the way, as well as a claytor rain fly. HELP!
    Just hangin' around.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images

Thumbs up DD Hammock - 2008 version

I thought I liked my first DD until I got this one. It turns out that my first DD is actually last years model, and this "2nd" puts it to shame.

First off, for those of you who got one of these in the group buy, if you can believe this, the fabric is actually heavier than last year's model. Seems sturdier and stiffer, as well.

Secondly, the bug netting is also finer and heavier than last year's model. The webbing is still too heavy. Nick, if you are listening out there, replace your webbing with some Amsteel Blue and smc ring equivalent for the hammock side and include some polyester straps to go around the tree - would greatly improve the suspension.

This hammock is even sturdier than my original, and I thought that was a AVRO-685 York , not quite a bomber. Dutch, you are right on with the new one, Lancaster B.Mk.II would be my equivalent as a WWII bomber for this hammock. We will bury Grizz, now that he has foolishly let us get ahead while he practiced detente. Although I'm sure he is feverishly working in his equivalent of Peenamunde on his "secret hammock." He foolishly showed us his convertible bridge too soon - it will all be ours now!

Third and finally, I can't find anything wrong with my hammock. I checked the tabs, all OK. The fabric edge is exposed on the zipper stitching , just like Dutch reported, but it is on my original DD as well. Everything else is gravy. Some kind of closure will be done on the pad pocket and the webbing will be changed, but I'm not sure what else I'll do yet. Add some storage inside? Probably. I can't wait to see how this one hangs compared to my original DD.

Hammock
    HH Jungle
    Tarp
    speer
    Insulation
    IX underquilt, etc
    I got it and hung it yesterday. Everything seems fine. I didn't check the loops until today and only one pulled off. I didn't know how to hold up the netting as I am new to this type of hammock. My Hennesy has ridgeline to hold up net. I will have to research some. Looks very sturdy, good for hubby to try. And very easy to put up, although I will probably also change suspension because of the wicking factor.

thanks again,

Mary

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast