Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    welcome from another big-un! 6'2 and 320 and I'll never sleep on the ground again!

Hammock
    DIY Blue Monster
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Sounds like you know what you want already, but the Dream Hammock Dangerbird claims a weight rating of 400 lbs for a single and 800 lbs capacity for a double. Hammocking really is for everyone!

When this group puts together a group hang, THAT's the one I want to go to! You know there will be some some good eats and drink at that hang I was part of the 300+ club earlier this year, so I know!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag, pad
    Suspension
    webbing
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm 6'2" (187 cm) and 235 lbs (107 kg) I've just placed an order for WBBB dl 1.7 with a Mamajamba tarp and web suspension...and very excited about receiving it soon!

Coffeedrinker
    “Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
    ― A.A. Milne

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9 Double
    Welcome. At 5'8" and 385 lbs. I appear to me the heaviest hanger per height-inch
    I've been hanging full time for about a year in my WBBB 1.7 Double. Suspension has worn, and been replaced, but the hammock is still going strong.
    Hope to do more outdoor hammocking this summer as I scoot around the countryside.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    I've known Chetter for over 20 years, when we were both significantly lighter hangers.

6'6" and 300 lbs here, rocking the Kammock Roo.

I'm amazed there are so many heavy hangers here. I'm working on a theory that hammockers eat their tents.

Remember, particularly as a heavy hanger, get some good straps so you don't droop.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20
    Suspension
    Webbing DRings
    It's so good to see so many heavy hangers! I really want to do a heavy hangers hang in the next year! And @Vissarian you're right the eats will be amazing!!

It's also so good to have my good friend @WillieCash on HF!! Can't wait for July brother!!
    So my YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/5x6outdoors it's titled 5x6outdoors. There's no vids yet but coming soon!!
    Last edited by chetter72; 05-04-2012 at 01:30.

Hammock
    Byer Moskito Traveller
    Tarp
    Coleman Hybrid
    Suspension
    Byer MicroRope
    Images
    Welcome Chetter72, though I am not the heavy hanger in the family my son, whom I affectionately refer to as "The Rhino" is and trying to find a hammock that will be safe at the 360 mark, is a challenge, but well worth it, he's 25 and has a lot of years of "hanging around" to do yet.

NoahV
    Quote Originally Posted by miboso View Post
    Welcome. At 5'8" and 385 lbs. I appear to me the heaviest hanger per height-inch
    I've been hanging full time for about a year in my WBBB 1.7 Double. Suspension has worn, and been replaced, but the hammock is still going strong.
    Hope to do more outdoor hammocking this summer as I scoot around the countryside.
    Hi, new heavy hanger from VA here. I was wondering what sort of suspension you use? I just tried out a hammock I made with whoopie slings and tree huggers from whoopieslings.com and it held but I noticed some discoloration caused by stretching on them afterwards. Do you guys think this is something I should be really worried about? I'm a 6"5" and 400+ guy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20
    Suspension
    Webbing DRings
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahV View Post
    Hi, new heavy hanger from VA here. I was wondering what sort of suspension you use? I just tried out a hammock I made with whoopie slings and tree huggers from whoopieslings.com and it held but I noticed some discoloration caused by stretching on them afterwards. Do you guys think this is something I should be really worried about? I'm a 6"5" and 400+ guy
    Hey NoahV

I like to use webbing 1 1/2 inch rated at 1500lbs and climbing rated Descending Rings. I get the rings from REI, and I like to use backwoodsdaydreamer.com to get my webbing. I also get my Amsteel Blue, Dyneema Single Braid 1/8″ is rated to 2300lbs there. Seems to work so far though its all an experience right now and I'm learning at every corner. And I love it!! I know webbing and cord will wear out over time, especially if they are out in the elements a lot. I hope this helps and feel free to share any info you have of trips experiences etc!! happy hangin!!

Chetter72
    5x6outdoors.com
    Youtube.com/5x6outdoors

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I've enjoyed watching your 5x6 videos, Chetter. I'm a big fella too though not nearly as big as I used to be (lost over 100 pounds in the past couple of years.) Still, I'm 6'2" 280ish.

Is there any point in being a gram weenie when the easiest way to carry less weight on the trail is for me to lose another 50 pounds or so?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast