Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

One thing i miss about my tent.......

Ok ive got your attention with the title and thanks for the visit but before you unleash all fury on me for such a compromised title just hear me out first....

Firstly, im never going back to tent camping unless i have nothing to hang my hammock on so im not a hammock apostate...no to the contrary im still in the brotherhood and actively converting those dirty tent camping sinners like i used to be lol

Just looking for a few ideas:

When i tent camped it, i had a small environment to not only sleep but also drag my gear into to keep dry and free from all the night critters, bugs, snakes, ants etc but with the hammock its not as simple.

I use a 7mm length of cord for a continuous and independant ridgeline and hang my vertex rain over it as well as some other things from it but my gear can at times weigh a little too much and hanging a full pack is just out of the question.

I have been running another length of cord between two points and hanging my pack up and covering it with my dutch army poncho to keep it dry, as i dont want to hang it touching a tree as critters can get at it still.

At times i arrive at a place at night and with limited options throwing a line over a branch and pulling the pack suspended into the air isnt an option either.

The pack cant stay with me in the hammock as it aint comfy...any thoughts thanks
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex 70d
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    gear sling?

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by annistonfire153 View Post
    gear sling?
    whats that?
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

This nice little pouch that hangs under the hammock. ENO and some other companies make them. They tie right into the suspension and sit under you to keep your gear in reach and dry.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    There are several variations on a "gear hammock" which I'm sure will be posted in this thread in response to your question. But I will propose another alternative.

My pack is essentially empty after I have set up my hammock & tarp and have hung my bear bag with all my food, toiletries, bandana, etc. The packs I use weigh from 1.5 pounds to 3 pounds, depending on the outing. I simply hang the empty pack on the end of the hammock knot.

Of course your hiking style may be different than my somewhat spartan style, but it's something for you to consider.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanginghunter View Post
    This nice little pouch that hangs under the hammock. ENO and some other companies make them. They tie right into the suspension and sit under you to keep your gear in reach and dry.
    have you got a link? i'll start searching now ta

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Get a molly mac gearbox, they are great!!!! here is a link http://www.mollymacpack.com/box.html

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hanginghunter

have you got a link? i'll start searching now ta

no need, cheers bud got him, heres a link for anyone else, i'll take a look thanks again

http://www.altrec.com/eagles-nest-ou...lly-gear-sling
    Last edited by Camper1; 04-24-2012 at 20:52.

Honestly I don't know how. ENO calls theirs an underbelly gear sling if that helps at all.

Hey thanks

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast