Hennessy Expedition A-sym
    Tarp
    Hennessy Cat
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings.com

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I don't post a lot...but I read a ton and have been a member for a few year now.

Because of this forum I have been able to modify my hammock to meet my 'getting-older-hiker' needs. And making some of the modifications has been a 'piece of cake' for this very un-domestic lady (My mom finds it funny that I will repair horse and dog equipment by hand before I will borrow her machine to sew...let's put it this way: I once seized up a sewing machine. Mechanic that repaired it said: "I've never seen a machine seize up from lack of use before!")

Due to the brilliance of all those that have gone before we the hanging masses with new ideas and then going one more step and either offering to make the modification, sell products to help with modifications, posting either very easy to understand directions...or even better: Videos! to help the rest of us with our modifications. (Yes, using that word a LOT!)

The rest of us are having the time of our lives modifying our hammocks and thoroughly enjoying our hanging-hikes!

So, I thank you all (Too many to try and name!), my hat is off to you! Kudos! Thank you for your wisdom, guidance, and generous help. And may you experience many happy hanging blessings!

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    This is a great place to be all around! Glad you could find everything you were looking for!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    This forum is full of amazing information and ideas. Everyone is so helpful and will go out of their way to assist when needed. I am so happy I found this forum, only problem is it is so addicting.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy Cat
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    This is a great place to be all around! Glad you could find everything you were looking for!
    It is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    This forum is full of amazing information and ideas. Everyone is so helpful and will go out of their way to assist when needed. I am so happy I found this forum, only problem is it is so addicting.
    Very addicting. Me too. I find myself 'mulling' over my hammock and gear quite often.

Next project is to turn my military poncho liner into an under-quilt. I normally only 3 season hang, but some of those early spring nights or late autumn nights can get very chilly. Using the poncho 'as it is' works fine...but I figure now is a good time to trim off the excess fabric, add shock cord and make it easier to deal with at hang-time.

One of these days I may even swap out my backpackers poncho which doubles as an 'extender' of sorts for the nights my stock tarp may not quite meet my needs for a larger hex tarp. But I've been using this 'system' for so long that I'm rather 'attached' to it!

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    You can spend hours on hours reading here!!!
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
    I don't post a lot...but I read a ton and have been a member for a few year now.

Because of this forum I have been able to modify my hammock to meet my 'getting-older-hiker' needs. And making some of the modifications has been a 'piece of cake' for this very un-domestic lady (My mom finds it funny that I will repair horse and dog equipment by hand before I will borrow her machine to sew...let's put it this way: I once seized up a sewing machine. Mechanic that repaired it said: "I've never seen a machine seize up from lack of use before!")

Due to the brilliance of all those that have gone before we the hanging masses with new ideas and then going one more step and either offering to make the modification, sell products to help with modifications, posting either very easy to understand directions...or even better: Videos! to help the rest of us with our modifications. (Yes, using that word a LOT!)

The rest of us are having the time of our lives modifying our hammocks and thoroughly enjoying our hanging-hikes!

So, I thank you all (Too many to try and name!), my hat is off to you! Kudos! Thank you for your wisdom, guidance, and generous help. And may you experience many happy hanging blessings!
    So very many of us owe so very much to our "pioneers" and innovators who have led the way and left such a well marked trail.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I agree, this is a stew pot full of learning!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy Cat
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sgeary28 View Post
    You can spend hours on hours reading here!!!
    Hehehee...I do. I even read at night from my nooktablet (although I cannot post from the nook) and read on my smart phone...
    "Hi! My name is Hawkwind and I'm a hammock-a-holic!"
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    So very many of us owe so very much to our "pioneers" and innovators who have led the way and left such a well marked trail.
    *This is when we need one of those 'grateful bowing' emoticons.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I agree, this is a stew pot full of learning!

Hammock
    Treedscape BigPaw
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Treedscape BigHeat
    Suspension
    Straps + Whoopies
    +1! Best forum ever and sooo valuable! The ground was a lot softer when I was a 12 year old boy scout. I love this stuff!
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" - Elbert Hubbard

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I agree. Top notch information and top notch members.
    What makes this forum different? I have been on many different forums - woodworking, shooting, archery, running, fishing, pipe smoking, tool or firearm specific forums, etc. But they all deteriorate to arguments or a few know-it-alls who try to make all the rest seem like neophites.
    Not this group - first class all the way.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast