Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

Flex 180

First I did not even know this model existed until one was for sale here on the site.
    This appears to be the closest to a bridge and the flattest laying hammock Clark makes?
    Cannot wait to try it and thanks for all the pics and info on the flex. .
    Next going to order and Underquilt a zepplin and will get it wider to meet the extra room of the flex maybe 52"???

Will have to decide and get help from Underground quilts and see if they have made one yet?

Thanks

Hammock
    DIY WBBB, DIY Flex 180
    Tarp
    MEC Guides Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 down UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and binas
    Thanks so much for the photos russ is there any chance you could take some measurements of the central wedge shaped pannel (the grey one) Ive got a lot of material and plenty of time on my hands at the moment and this looks like a fun challenge.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    That hammock looks so cool, I love that you can sleep two people at once, this would really benefit someone who is trying to get their kids into hammock camping.

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

ordered a Flex 180 in camo and a 20 degree underquilt from underground

Just ordered a flexible lady in camel from Clark

also spoke to Paul and underground quilts and ordered a 20° full-length zeppelin

it will be 55 inches wide

have draft dollars

three additional ounces of down

and decided to get the hyperbolic down

should be here in about three weeks to try with the flex 180 will post more information when I get them both

Bill

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    I`ll be sticking with the NX 250 as a fine piece of sleeping lit it is .......
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liners
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    any more report backs on the flex? thinking of switching out the nx250 for one..

Hammock
    Flex180, BMBH, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abandee View Post
    Has anybody seen any pictures of the Flex-180 yet? I was about to pull the trigger on an NX250 but saw a new model! I think I'll wait now!
    Just posted a few pictures under the thread entitled "Clark Flex 180 Mods: 2 Tree Use & JRB UQ" if you are interested.

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    Too many
    Insulation
    Too many
    Suspension
    Too many
    Images
    Thanks for the pics Keith... might copy some of your ideas

Sorry for the late post, been really busy this past 2 weeks, but here are some pics of my setup 2 weeks ago in Cameron Highlands. About 16'C (61'F) during the day and 11'C (52'F) during the night.

Wanted to find a suitable underquilt for the Flex-180 and decided to try the JRB Sierra Stealth which is actually a top quilt with 1.5" loft, but unlike most underquilts- is a pretty wide at 52 inches.

Here are some pics:

Used the trekking pole as a spreader bar- just like last time, but this time attached to only 1 tree.

Used some Grip Clips from JRB on one end of the quilt.

There were some bits hanging on one side of the quilt (for top quilt mode) that I used to tie on to the hammock poles to make it extra snug. Would like to sew some lines on the other side of the quilt for the same effect- or use small strips of velcro.

This side didn't require Grip-Clips as there are existing loops to use the micro biners and shock cord to attach to.

However, Im not too happy about this end. I set-up the hammock and quilt in the dark with just a headlamp and it did keep me warm at night. But sometimes I felt a draft on this end, and I couldn't find a way to get it up snug. I could have used another grip clip (if I had an extra) and secure the middle portion of this side of the quilt to my trekking pole. But mainly I think I should have moved the quilt further to this end as it is a little too much toward the other end.

The view from inside. Lots of room for one person and my backpack to my right.

The bulky backpack was kind of pressing on my shoulder, so I slept the other way round with my head and shoulders on the grey portion of the bed- Loads of headroom.

I believe with a width of 52 inches, this would be sufficient for keeping 2 people warm in moderate weather. I would like to try the Hammockgear 0'F Incubator for camping in cooler temps. At 44" width, Im confident it will be sufficient for 1 person mode; as I don't think the missus would like to be camping with me in the freezing cold.
    Last edited by russwestwood; 10-31-2012 at 14:33.
    From the trees we came, to the trees we shall return

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock NX-250
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Whoppie's
    The FLEX-180 looks very interesting. I was pretty set on the NX-250 but, after seeing this, I might change my mind. Question, I purchased a pair of Whoopie Slings, does anyone know how this would work? Would I need another whoopie sling?

Thanks

after tinkering with mine a bit i will probably be looking to sell it. doesn't quite fit my needs. if anyone is interested pm me, i don't have enough posts to list it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast