New Clark at Scout Camp

I just got back from a week at Scout Camp in the mountains of Colorado with my new Clark NX-200. I was the only one in a hammock - everyone else spent the nights on cots in canvas tents. Needless to say, I was the only one who was comfortable. I got the Clark to supplement my Claytor and my Trek Light. The first thing I did was replace the ropes with buckles, biners, and webbing - I really like the ease of adjusting the hang so I have done this to all my hammocks. I used my Jacks R Better down quilt on top and a wool blanket to sleep on. I was toasty even in the cool night mountain temps. I really like the pockets on the Clark - they are so handy to store my pack contents.

Anyway, I kept bending the Scoutmasters ear about hammocks - and I think I may have convinced him to skip scout camp next year and do a 50+ mile hike along the Colorado Trail - I suggested they take time between now and then to have the mothers teach the scouts some sewing and to help them make hammocks and other gear for the trek. (If he decides not to do it, I am taking my scout anyway).

In short, the NX-200 was very comfortable, convenient, and a great addition for me. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    And the Clark Fan List grows! Great shots, and I'll bet you had some envious scouts! I wish we had done hammock camping when I was a scout - never liked the musty canvas tents they always packed us up with when I was a kid. I hope you let some of them try out your Clark. Oh, and if the powers-that-be (Scoutmasters) have questions about using hammocks, send them here to check us out and get the answers!

• + New Posts