Page 8 of 320 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    If your tarp is longer than 10 feet then it will have to roll over the sharp edge of the wood or the pipe. We need something that you can use to protect the tarp as you pull it tight over the sharp parts.

Maybe the trick is to shorten the tarp with something like these clips from Dutchware...

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 Hennessey Clone.
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Clone
    Insulation
    Pads & DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    If your tarp is longer than 10 feet then it will have to roll over the sharp edge of the wood or the pipe. We need something that you can use to protect the tarp as you pull it tight over the sharp parts.
    This is why my pole is 13' long - tarp goes completely on it and I tie to the end caps of the pole so it does not pull on the tripods at all. Leaves me about 6" on either end for my prussic slides to center the tarp.

Lowes always seems to have dinged poles that you could get around 50% off so buy two and cut them 6'6" long and they fit insdie your 6'6" tripods when they are folded up. (I actually cut the pole 6' 4.5" long because the endcaps add 1 1/2" to either end).

Now I want to design a silnylon rainfly to enclose each tripod for equipment storage! Maybe attached to the tripod like someone mentioned in an earlier post.

FH

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by FontanaHorseman View Post
    ...Now I want to design a silnylon rainfly to enclose each tripod for equipment storage! Maybe attached to the tripod like someone mentioned in an earlier post...
    Two tepees and a hammock...room for the whole family

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    10 minutes, my butt! OK, so I drove to the lumber yard, and spent 10 minutes sorting through the pile of 2 x 2s to find 6 I thought would work well. When I got home, I set up my saw on the deck and cut the 8 ft'ers to 7 ft. I drilled out the holes for the 1/4 x 2 1/2 ss bolts, then a hole about 20" up from the ground on each of them to run the tensioning line through. I attached the hinges, and the amsteel for the tensioning line. I drill out the pipe for the end cap retention screw, then cut off a second pipe to make sure the entire thing is 15 ft long. Assemble everything, and go get the WBBB.

Clip in the CAMP Nanos to the end caps and hang the bird. Adjust the spread of the legs, and sit down. The wife is watching, and asking if we both are going to hang from the single set. I tell her I will build another for her, once I make sure this is what I want. She asks me to bounce up and down to simulate her turning over in the hammock. Now, this is something I do not do normally. I typically drop off to sleep and wake up in the exact same position. I can report that I did not hit the ground. She did tell me the pipe was flexing, but I expected that from the thread. Tomorrow, I will take it all apart and clear coat the 2 x 2s. Once they dry, I will reassemble the stand and hang from it. Maybe then I can get some pictures of it.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Another one joins the club and it sounds like a pair! Awaiting pics.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, HH, SMe
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    Can hardly wait to see plans. Without them I will have to make several before it works for me. Want one so I can hang on my deck. Anyone consider taking orders?

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop/ Blackbird
    Tarp
    Tad Pole/Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopies
    My brother and I built two today. Got the supplies from Lowe's. Used the angled method to avoid using rope to prevent spreading. We're going to use them to camp out at a Chick-Fil-A grand opening this week. Pictures to come!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Oldmart, maybe someone with a little more computer savvy than me can come up with some plans but the build is pretty much straight forward. I believe there are a couple of parts list between here and the Turtlelady's thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=27777. There have been some variations from my original such as hpyfngy's angled top ends which I intend on incorporating in the next. I'll have mine up in the Fort Valley area around June 10 if you're close to there in Va.

Camruns, welcome aboard. Looking forward to the Pics.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 Hennessey Clone.
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Clone
    Insulation
    Pads & DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CamRuns View Post
    My brother and I built two today. Got the supplies from Lowe's. Used the angled method to avoid using rope to prevent spreading. We're going to use them to camp out at a Chick-Fil-A grand opening this week. Pictures to come!
    If you could do some drawings and angles for the top pieces I would appreciate it - that is where I messed my first one up and now have to take it apart and re-cut.

Thx, FH

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 320 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast