Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap

Changed out my suspension.

Stock setup is a Hammock Bliss Double with the stock 100" ropes on both ends coupled with the Hammock Bliss 8' Cinch buckle straps.

Weight in this configuration was 1lbs 13.125 oz (29.125 oz)
    I did away the straps/buckles and the stock rope. I replaced the stock ropes with two continuous loops from whoopieslings.com . Basically girth hitched through the end channels of the hammock. I bought some of the Harbor Freight 1"x12' tie down straps and bought two nano carabiners (also from whoopieslings.com) for attaching them around the tree.

Saved myself 5.5oz. Not that it really matters since I mostly car camp. Still, I thought it was kind of cool to now have a much simpler suspension option that gives me 4 more feet of tree strap per side that wont stretch and saved a little weight in the process. Simpler. More reach. Lighter. Good deal . That 5.5 oz will quickly reduce to 3.5oz if I decide to go with 1" cinch buckles from dream-hammock.com . I haven't decided if I want to use cinch buckles or rings yet. I figure if I will have to tie a SHH when using the rings I could simply SHH the straps directly to the amsteel loops and forgo hardware all together. I would still be able to adjust the lines by untying the SHH and sliding the webbing through the Amsteel loop. No different than with rings. BUT

1. I don't think I would trust it. Would probably weaken the straps with the knot.
    2. nothing there to keep water from running down to the hammock so Id have to some up with something somewhere along the chain.
    3. not sure what kind of wear it would cause on the strap/loop.

With the buckles I wouldn't really have to worry about it.

If nothing else, this gave me a lot more room in the stuff sack that is sewn to the side of the hammock. Makes it much easier to pack up. All in all Im happy! Just wanted to share.

I have a bliss double - I made a 12" loop with the factory 6mm line with a double fisherman knot on each end of the hammock. I bought ratchet straps and cut off the hooks - loop around tree and put the loop from hammock end over marlin spike in the straps.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    I thought about doing the exact same thing. In the end I think Ill like the adjustability and convenience of having the buckles and everything always attached. Not as light weight as your solution i would imagine but with this all i have to do is hook my straps around the tree using a carabiner, adjust the suspension at the buckles and Im done. Im a little lazy.

How do you like your HB Double?

Hammock
    Tenth Wonder Hornet
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Big Agnes w/ Exped
    Suspension
    Webbing and Rings
    I use that exact suspension on two of my hammocks for my kids.

1. Home made continuous loops through the channel on the hammock.
    2. Loop larksheaded to either Cinch Buckle or Descending Rings
    3. 15' 1" straps (two HF straps and two from strapworks.com).

I live in Jefferson and work in Athens if you want to check them out sometime. PM me if you want contact information.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Baby Orca IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I've had my HB Double for a year now. Changed out the stock rope by running continuous loops through the channels and girth hitched. Larkshead continuous loop to descending ring (drip ring), to which my Whoopies are attached. Easy, quick, modular, reliable setup.
    I've gotten curiosity and questions from other adult leaders in my boy's scout troop, but no converts yet. I'm still working on them!
    ol' daddy

• + New Posts