Finally a full night of hanging

I finally had a chance to spend a full night hanging last weekend. I found a nice spot by a river here in NW Montana. I slept GREAT! The biggest problem I had was some bone head forgot the mosquito repellant and since I was camping alone, I guess that bone head was me.

I was swatting so many mosquitoes that were half full of my blood on my legs that it looked like I got shot with a shot gun full of bird shot.

My Beyer Mosquito hammock did ok, except for the fact that I had to wear my ball cap to keep the netting from rubbing against my face. I also forgot a pillow and used my shoe. Ya, I said shoe. It wasn’t that bad once I found the right spot but my head smelt like dirty socks the next day.

I made a tree hugger the day before with two inch webbing. I just sewed loops on each end and it worked great. I’m starting to enjoy my Singer sewing machine, circa 1959.

Here’s a couple pics of my adventure. I want to go out again but I need to spend time with my wife and daughter. I’m going to Afghanistan for a year to do some construction- I’m a plumber. I leave the 10th of August for Texas then off a week later for the land of the Bedrock. From what I’ve read, I think Fred Flintstone would find Afghanistan primitive.

With chair hammock and cozy fire.

My view. That's Canada way off in the distance.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Nice pics and report, glad you enjoyed yourself. Are you taking your hammock with you to the big middle eastern sandbox.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    Nice pics and report, glad you enjoyed yourself. Are you taking your hammock with you to the big middle eastern sandbox.
    I would like to take my hammock with but will be limited to just 34 pounds so weight will be precious.

• + New Posts