Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldScout View Post
    Yeah, I'm still sorry about that. Wasn't sure enough of the campsite to come in without headlights, and it was a long night at work.

Believe me, the help was appreciated. I'm sure he had more fun things in mind for a beautiful Saturday - but I'm extremely grateful. And it was kind of fun, after all.

What he isn't telling is that I was up and down most of the night until I finally took a couple Tylenol and a Benedryl. Apparently I had gotten into some poison ivy the weekend before, and between the hike, the work, and the heat, I was headached and uncomfortable. So my usual pre-dawn wake-up consisted of opening my eyes and saying "naah," pulling the quilt up and going back to sleep.

Made me feel like an amateur.

That was fun, too - since I had been planning to do the orientation course and <ahem> forgot my compass!!! So much for "be prepared!"
    So I used the old wristwatch-and-sun rough navigation method, and compared it to FlRider's compass bearings - interestingly enough, I stayed within about 5 degrees most of the time. Enough to get a general bearing, but not good enough to zero in on the marks if I were doing it alone.

I think that's a nice way of saying I can talk the hind leg off a donkey.

I enjoyed it as well, and FlRider is a great hiking companion. I think that we should go ahead with plans for another Florida hang sooner rather than later - as we were kicking around, maybe an August "Hotter than H-ll Hang" at Fanning Springs S.P. Details to follow ...
    'S okay, OldScout. It was a great weekend, and you're great company. I'd do it again any time I could. Really looking forward to the Fanning Springs hang...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Sounds great! Duffy was on-call so we never got far from the house. He set up an irrigation system for the raised garden beds, installed a new shower head...AND FIXED THE TRANNY ON MY LIL BRONCOII! So, not a wasted weekend, at least.

You're a better man than I, FLRider - I don't do heat well at all, and am a/c-bound till October!
    Sounds like a full weekend, MightyMouse. Glad everything got done around the house, for sure.

Ah, well, we'll see if we can get you out to the Hotter'n H*** Hang here in a couple of months; there will be some compensation for the heat, trust me.

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Is there a date set for the Hotter'n H*** Hang yet? i need to plan way in advance.
    with two m's, like "hammock."

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    We're looking at the middle of August. Probably the weekend of August 17-19. It's not an absolutely firm date yet, but that's what we're shooting for. Need to do a little research before things get beyond the initial "maybe, but we'd really like to" stage.

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    We're looking at the middle of August. Probably the weekend of August 17-19. It's not an absolutely firm date yet, but that's what we're shooting for. Need to do a little research before things get beyond the initial "maybe, but we'd really like to" stage.
    OK I'll go ahead and make plans for that date just in case. I really dont want to miss another FL hang; havent been able to make it to any so far, not good.
    with two m's, like "hammock."

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12