Tarp
    Superfly/Noah's 12
    Insulation
    leighlo UQ-DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

item not received. help!

Hi folks. Two weeks ago, I bought and paid for an item listed in the "For Sale" forum here. I know there's risk in doing that, but it's been over two weeks, I have not seen the item in the mail, nor have I gotten response from the seller. I've PM'd seller 4 or 5 times, initially asking for a tracking number (b/c, let's face it, there are goodies in the mail!), but moved to making sure payment was received and now had to get snotty and ask for a response or file a dispute with PayPal. It was my first transaction here and I just need to know if I'm going about this in the appropriate manner. Little help please?

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett

Caveat emptor

Quote Originally Posted by harrellt View Post
    Hi folks. Two weeks ago, I bought and paid for an item listed in the "For Sale" forum here. I know there's risk in doing that, but it's been over two weeks, I have not seen the item in the mail, nor have I gotten response from the seller. I've PM'd seller 4 or 5 times, initially asking for a tracking number (b/c, let's face it, there are goodies in the mail!), but moved to making sure payment was received and now had to get snotty and ask for a response or file a dispute with PayPal. It was my first transaction here and I just need to know if I'm going about this in the appropriate manner. Little help please?
    Sounds like it is time to let PayPal know you have not received the item. I have bought and sold many things through communications with folks on a variety of forums and only had this happen to me once. The vast majority of folks out there are very trustworthy. I will admit to being more careful if the seller is new to the forum and has not been active with communications other than about their things to sell. Also, if it sounds too good to be true, it just might be too good to be true. 'Caveat emptor', as they said in Rome.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    Den Mother DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/Noah's 12
    Insulation
    leighlo UQ-DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    I will admit to being more careful if the seller is new to the forum and has not been active with communications other than about their things to sell.
    That's the thing that baffles me. seller was "seasoned", donating member, over 400 posts. Oh well. I told them 2 days, then I talk to PayPal. Thanks for the words.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by harrellt View Post
    That's the thing that baffles me. seller was "seasoned", donating member, over 400 posts. Oh well. I told them 2 days, then I talk to PayPal. Thanks for the words.
    I would suggest you go to the user profile and check when their last activity was. If they haven't been on for a couple of weeks something may have happened that has caused a problem in getting back to you. Accidents, sickness and such occur. At least it may give you a reason for the delay.

On the other hand if they appear to have been on line more recently then perhaps filing a complaint with paypal sounds like a prudent move.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    ....If it's what I'm thinking, Did you actually get that item? I thought someone else had posted first on their intent. Did the seller actually keep the money and say he'd mail it out to you? I'm wondering if there was just some kind of innocent confusion. I'm hoping that's all it is.

Hammock
    Den Mother DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/Noah's 12
    Insulation
    leighlo UQ-DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    ....If it's what I'm thinking, Did you actually get that item? I thought someone else had posted first on their intent. Did the seller actually keep the money and say he'd mail it out to you? I'm wondering if there was just some kind of innocent confusion. I'm hoping that's all it is.
    I think you are remembering correctly DivaB. This whole trasaction has been a clustercuss. I inadvertently jumped the line. Once I called 2nd dibs and was PM'd by seller, I didn't check the thread again until the other day when I was doing some detective work. I have since made contact with the member in line in front of me and we're all square. But he didn't hear from the seller either once he called him out on scrambling up the FS rules.

All that said, I have NO ill will toward the seller. If this was a PIF with no item received, I'd call no harm, no foul. But I did spend money, so I either want it back or the item. My main reason for starting this thread was just to find out the best course of action from here. Unfortunately, it appears that may be filing a dispute with PayPal.

On the bright side, it's spring and I'm going hanging soon

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    So----did somebody get the item? The first in line got it? Or somebody else? And you made a PayPal payment? The seller should have refused the payment, knowing he sold it to someone else. Are you sure your payment was accepted?

Major buzz-kill, dude. Hope this won't sour you on HF. They're generally a great bunch of folks here.
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I am so sorry to hear of your bad situation. This is such a wonderful forum and there are so many great folks here. We hate to hear of one of us getting the shaft. I pray you get this resolved immediately.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    If it comes down to having to report to Paypal, I would also send one of the moderators a private message outlining your concerns. They will make sure that if there was any inappropriate action by someone selling items and not sending them that they are not allowed on the forums any longer.
    As someone suggested, check when they've been on last, they might be out hanging and just haven't received your message. (and thank you for not naming this person, they are afterall, innocent until proven guilty).
    Good luck! I've never had a problem purchasing off members here and hope no one else does either!
    Debi

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well it bums me out when this kind of thing happens to someone. I must say you are going about this in a very commendable manner. A lot of things could be the reason why you haven't gotten your item. It rarely happens here that anyone gets ripped off. Try not to let it ruin your good attitude. I hope this is resolved soon.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast