Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait to set them up and start enjoying them. My wife and I relocated to New England 4 years ago from Sarasota, Fl so it's cool seeing some other members from down that way.

I'm mostly concerned about deer flies biting through. I suppose the CF pad will cure that but I am not sure if I can take using it in late spring.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I just received my WBBB 1.1 not too long ago and have yet to take it on a backpacking trip (been too busy with college stuff, soon a trip will happen). I have spent plenty of time lounging in the yard though, tweaking it and messing around with my first and new UQ. One thing I may suggest:

Make sure, if you chose the adjustable webbing suspension, to make the triangle point in the rings face towards the sky. This makes it much easier to adjust the webbing.

I made the mistake of not reading the instructions and I originally had a lot of trouble adjusting the webbing because the rings would bite really well. Well I finally read the instructions just to see what they had to say and walla, Brandon recommends facing the triangle part of the rings to the sky. When I did this the adjustments were very easy.

If this doesn't make sense now, it will when you get the hammock.

Thought I might save ya the trouble.

Also, as someone had mentioned before, definitely make sure your underquilt suspension goes over the footbox. It makes a world of a difference, that is to say the UQ is then effective
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    The hammocks arrived afew days ago and we are just waiting for the opportunity to
    use them. I ended up getting a 3/4 30 degree underquilt which I think will suffice. We are taking a trip up to Acadia National Park in Maine next month and we will try it out then. We will bring a tent as backup but would like to hang during that trip with our new gear.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Acadia will make a beautiful maiden voyage fori your Blackbirds!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    make sure you take a pad or a car/truck windshield just in case your legs get cold.

Make sure also that you set up at home and work out the kinks when you're fresh- nothing will make you dip out to the tent so much as a simple problem with the learning curve when you're tired.

TH
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Awesome, I just moved from that area back to Jersey. I sure will miss that place.

Anyways, its getting beautiful and things are in bloom up there...by the time you get there the place will be hopping! Have fun!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12