Thread: susp straps???

susp straps???

I have a few questions about the arrowhead webbing before i placed my order. I see there is regulare webbing. 50 per foot rated at 1000 pounds and then polyester webbing. 75 per foot rated at 1200 pounds. What is the weight difference between the two per foot and how much per foot do they weigh i want to purchase the straps for backpacking hammock and am looking for the black straps with orange stitching as light as i can get. I am wanting 2 8' straps or 1 8' & 1 10'. I plan on wrapping it around the tree and connecting eno hammock to the rest needed with biner. I read that the strapworks seatbelt poly straps were about 0.26 ounces per foot and am also looking at those but read that ahe were lighter just cant find a weight and they have many diff listing titles for what looks like the same thing.. tree hugger, susp lines etc

if you really want to nail the weights, best thing is to ask the supplyer. only he/she can tell you what the current supply weighs. since. they too , sometimes have switch their own supplyers. or change lots...and weights could chang.

I emailed paul earlier and am waiting a response. What about the different webbing options ahr has the tree straps, susp straps etc and the webbing and poly webbing doea anyone know?

I just attached some Arrowhead Equipment straps to my ENO hammock last night. I do not know what they weight but they are much lighter than I expected. Much thinner than the straps that come on ratchet straps.

I also ordered 2 of his 10" loops. I replaced the rope and biner that came with the ENO with the 10" loop and two aluminum descender rings. I will have the strap run around the tree, through a biner and down to the descender rings. This way I can hang the hammock in 30 seconds.

Which straps did you get??

I just talked to paul and got some webbing i picked up the black webbing w/ orange stitch to go with my orange hammock. From what paul told me the 18 feet split 10 and 8 should weigh about 4 ounces. Im going to use the biners that came with my tent for now but may switch over the way you did it

• + New Posts