Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap

Ridgeline Attachment point

Just got my 1" cinch buckle in and have them double larks headed to some amsteel loops. I doubled the larks head to keep the amsteel from slipping side to side in the buckle. The loops are the typical "run them through the end channel and larks head" setup. Im going to add a ridgeline to my hammock but am unsure whre I should attach it. Should the line attach to the buckles with the amsteel ( im thinking I could slightly spread apart the larks head loops in the center and tie my ridgeline around the buckle and larks head to sort of help secure the larks head in place.) or is it ok to tie it directly to the amsteel loops where they come out of the gathered end?

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by robv60 View Post
    ... or is it ok to tie it directly to the amsteel loops where they come out of the gathered end?
    That's a normal way to do it although you could attach to the buckles as well.

My usual way cinched tight and opened up to see the routing...

IMG_2318 (Medium).JPG IMG_2321 (Medium).JPG

Or just looped around the amsteel suspension...

IMG_2326 (Medium).JPG

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    If you have the fixed end of your whoopieslings ran through your end channels and larksheaded, just back the adjustable end out of the fixed end and run it through your fixed loop of your ridgeline then back through the fixed end of whoopiesling. Same thing on other side.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    That's a normal way to do it although you could attach to the buckles as well.

My usual way cinched tight and opened up to see the routing...
    IMG_2321 (Medium).JPG
    I like this method. Would seem to help secure the channel end somewhat. I will absolutely be using this once I figure out my sag and possibly move to a fixed RL. It may not work so well with the way I was thinking of doing my ASR. I was thinking of tying one end off and looping the adjustable end (around whatever) back onto itself using a taut line hitch for easy adjustment. I suppose this would work, right? For this I may have to go with your last picture and just tie off to the loops for now. Thinking about it now, I wouldn't be able to tie the ASR to the buckles in the way I mentioned either. Thanks for your pictures! I know what im going to do now thanks to you!

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by robv60 View Post
    ...I was thinking of tying one end off and looping the adjustable end (around whatever) back onto itself using a taut line hitch for easy adjustment. I suppose this would work, right? For this I may have to go with your last picture and just tie off to the loops for now...
    In my last photo the ridgeline is adjustable. The other end is made like a whoopie sling. You can certainly do the same thing with the taut line hitch.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    In my last photo the ridgeline is adjustable. The other end is made like a whoopie sling. You can certainly do the same thing with the taut line hitch.
    I thought that may be the case. I thought about a whoopie sling ridge line but I don't have any amsteel ;(. I may eventually buy an adjustable ridgeline from one of our esteemed vendors. Right now I just have some small diameter braided rope that im going to use to see if I even want a ridgeline. Hopefully it wont snap, ha ha. Could be an exciting ride. Testing it seems like itll hold its prettu low stretch and holds a knot pretty well so....wish me luck!

• + New Posts