Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin42 View Post
    I'm 6'1 250, and the NX250 (coincidence? I think not!) is very roomy for me. I think I could probably be significantly taller and still feel fine as there is plenty of headroom and footroom remaining. I probably could be ok in the NX150 .
    You live in the mad city? Dude... hook me up. Let me lay in your hammock and see if I fit in it. I swear I'm not a stalker or too Willy St or anything. Well, just a little Willy. I'll buy you a beer...

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Ive got weddings for the next 2 weekends, but we could possibly set something up for after work some night though.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Thanks for all the input, my CJH will be here on Monday the 14th. Can't wait to try it out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20
    Suspension
    Webbing DRings
    Welcome to the world of hammocks from CA!!

I my self am sportin 390 at 6''9'. I use the WBBB, I love it fits me perfect I also am very comfy in the Kammok Roo, for an open Hammock. I'm also lookin to check out the dream Hammocks. Can't wait to hear how it all goes!! Happy Hangin!!
    chetter72
    “Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir

5x6outdoors.com
    youtube.com/5x6outdoors

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Well I spent the night outside in the yard. Not the coolest place to camp hanging on the clothesline, but it did the job. The CJH fits , but its feels a little cramped, I can get used to that. I might be limited on how high I can hang the ropes on the clothesline, and need to test out on real trees to be sure, but I had problems sliding to the end all night w/ my sleeping bag. I tried to hang the foot end higher, but maybe not enough. the slack in the hoops(poles) on the head end looked good , but the foot end looked tighter. The screen was a little saggy so I know I didn't have the head end too tight. The ropes did settle or stretch quite a bit throughout the night and I had to get out and adjust as I was on the ground. I gave whoopieslings.com a try and should have a new suspension to try out this week. All in all I like the hammock and just need to get used to sleeping in one. It would have been fairly comical to watch a 350lb guy twist and turn trying to get in his sleeping bag comfortably. There has to be a trick to this. I can tell you guys/gals out there thinking about a CJH that if I didn't rip this thing twisting around all night like a stinking worm, it is pretty bomb proof. I am going to try some kind of cloth (like the kind one puts in the drawer to keep the silverware box from sliding) under my bag and see if that eliminates the sliding around, I know this sounds stupid, but hey Ill give it a try. I will post real tree hanging results when ever I get out again.

Thanks everyone with their helpful comments

Brian
    Last edited by bnliv2ski; 05-21-2012 at 09:45. Reason: spelling

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Clark seems to assume users will be in a sleeping bag. I think that is nuts unless the bag zips all the way down and is used a an oversized blanket.

@60 last night and with a 15oz 3/4 UQ rated to 15F,I didn't need a blanket at all. You'll find, once you get a bit used to it, that the weather-shield over you stops drafts. I know these hammocks well enough to appreciate that @6 1/2 ft, the previous may not be true, as your head may be a bit higher under the head-end hood than mine is.

Take care of droop with a bit of shock cord between hoods and hammock ends. Or even less shock cord on a prusik, just enough to pull the hoods back so they will keep the netting out of your face and off your body.

I'd be curious to know what your implicit ridgeline length is that you are comfortable with. Have a tape measure with which you could measure and report? Just find the sag your comfortable, then let one of the ends of the hoops out of its keeper so you can measure while you are sitting in the hammock. You should be able to reach with one arm while extending the free end of a 3/4" tape measure out to the other supported by your other hand.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Stu @ whoopie slings informed me that a SRL on the CJH is kind of a pain in the butt, and not really needed. I think that you are implying measuring between the hammock ends while I am sitting in it am I correct? If so when I find a comfortable preference, I can measure that pretty easily. I will measure the next time I set it up and see if this is consistent with future hanging. I have not set up since I received the whoopies yet, but they did install very quickly. I went with an 8" continuous loop attached to a ring, attached to the whoopies. From there I am just using the supplied Clark tree straps w/ carabiners for now.

Thanks

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Respectfully, the only thing you need to do is make the NX-250 seem longer to the SRL. That way the SRL clears the tops of the hoops.

Do that as simply as putting 12-16" total of extra length with continuous loops of cord at the ends. The SRL connects to the outer ends of the those loops. Maybe you recycle the rings the NX came from, maybe not.

With marks on my SRL adjustable looop at 2" intervals, I am able to measure what the hang shape is that is most comfortable. (The loop begins @ 84") My virtual length is 120" (108 for the hmmk, 12 for the loops). What do you know but about 100" of length is pretty nice. (Thats 8 ticks of the loop for me.)

But, if you don't want an SRL, thats's cool. Just set up the hammock to where it is comfortable laying in it. Then sit up, release the hoops from one pocket so they can lower out of the way, and measure the span from hmmk end to another. Once you know what you like, you can just use the amount of droop in the bug net as a guide. I suspect you're going to find a droopy bug net gives more comfort. But, you're a bigger guy than I am, and the hammock is going to be loaded differently. So, it would be interesting to find out.

Hammock
    DD Travel (2012)
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pro 4
    Suspension
    Skin of my teeth
    25 stone is about 350 lb. If there the same in the US/UK?

But its a good photo even if it don't help

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91388

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Thanks to DemostiX, for the info on SRL's. I managed to get out camping and spent three nights in the woods in my hammock. W/ the ridge line it seems that my happy spot was indeed b/t 104 and 105'' from d-ring to d-ring. Temp was 48-50 @ night and just used 15deg bag as blanket. It was great, hope to go out again in a week or so. I also used the shock cord trick on the head end of the hammock to keep the screen snug.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast