Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Well I ordered a CJH-NX250 this morning along w/ the vortex fly, I have decided that if this one does not fit me I don't think I will be happy in any hammock, possibly not cut out to hang in the air. I will post results of test run. Every one on this forum seems very informitive and friendly, I appreciate the responses I got and helpfulness very much.

Thanks Brian

Congratulations, I have this same setup and love it. I'm near 6' and a dainty 250, and find it to be plenty roomy. I was actually surprised at how well I sleep in it. I couldn't get in harmony with the suspension ropes that come on it, so a pair of continuous amsteel loops and a pair of polyester straps fixed that quickly. Do take time to practice hanging it a few times at least before your trip and then just enjoy.

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    try a couple different hanging tensions. How tight or how lose you hang makes a big difference in the comfort.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    20deg Zepplin
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I have been reading about suspension systems. I am going to try what comes w/ CJH, but the whoopee slings look interesting. All of this stuff is kind of confusing. I also was reading about a ridge line to help hang the same each time. Can one do this w/ the NX-250 or will it hit the poles? Does it install higher up the rope? I watched some videos from whoopee slings.com. I guess when I receive the hammock and play around with it a little I will have more questions on what I should use to dial it in.

Thanks

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    A ridgeline can work with the NX, buts its a bit of a bother. You can use the weathershield as a pseudo line to judge tension though, or just the angle of the suspension

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bnliv2ski View Post
    I have been reading about suspension systems. I am going to try what comes w/ CJH, but the whoopee slings look interesting. All of this stuff is kind of confusing. I also was reading about a ridge line to help hang the same each time. Can one do this w/ the NX-250 or will it hit the poles? Does it install higher up the rope? I watched some videos from whoopee slings.com. I guess when I receive the hammock and play around with it a little I will have more questions on what I should use to dial it in.

Thanks
    I've posted often and there's been little dissent that the NXs are more comfortable if they are hung with the closed weather-shield drooping. Too bad the pic you take won't look best that way. But, which matters more, comfort in or how it looks from outside?

Besides, the looks from outside -- and a pull of the bug net away from your face -- can be restored by tying short lengths of elastic ribbon or shock-cord between the hoops and the ends to pull them gently back. $.030 of material and a 2 minute effort.

I like a structural ridgeline. (SRL) I did without one for a year. Recently I put one on a Clark Tropical and then on an NX150. Small hassle, but only small, was to extend the hammock length to a ring or attachment point so the SRL would clear the Clark hoods. Comfort for me is @ 83-86% of virtual length. (Virtual length =hammock length + extension length to be able to attach the SRL over hoops and out of face.)

Quote Originally Posted by bnliv2ski View Post
    Well I ordered a CJH-NX250 this morning... I will post results of test run.
    Do tell. I'm 6'4". You're taller and heavier than me. I'm wondering if these hammocks scale well to people our size?

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle/Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Rings / Whoopies
    Images
    Hi mate,

Even being a big guy, it all comes to what feels right. I am just under 6'and 209 pounds, and have a Clark, a hennessy Deep Jungle and a Claytor Jungle. For my size, the Claytor is perfect, and it is long and wide, and allows for me and my gut to have a nice diagonal sleep. The hennessy is also fantastic. The Clark is bombproof, and has some fantastic features like the internal handle at the ghead end, and the gear pockets, but for my size I just found it too narrow (like sleeping in a banana skin). having said this, I live in the Aussie tropics where airflow around the body is crucial in making the difference between a good nights sleep, and roasting.

And remember, if you swap over the standard suspension system you'll also affect the weight rating. Most of the tried and tested brands seem to 'punch above their tested weight', and I've had some of my larger friends use my hammocks without giving way.

And going custom is always an option - that way you work with the manufacturer to get exactly what suits you - well worth the extra bucks for peace of mind.

Happy hanging !

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    I'm 6'1 250, and the NX250 (coincidence? I think not!) is very roomy for me. I think I could probably be significantly taller and still feel fine as there is plenty of headroom and footroom remaining. I probably could be ok in the NX150 .

Im 6"2 and just returned a NX-150 to have a NX-250 in stead. The lenght is OK, but for me the 150 is to narrow to be really as comfortable as Im used to in my old NX-200.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast