Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The scale of the tie outs was 12'. I was not the entirely happy about that but there was also the thread that suggested many people carry tie outs that long. But it sure does hog the realestate. I guess that's the really hard part to get around. The sheer size of the land footprint.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    The scale of the tie outs was 12'. I was not the entirely happy about that but there was also the thread that suggested many people carry tie outs that long. But it sure does hog the realestate. I guess that's the really hard part to get around. The sheer size of the land footprint.
    No kidding.

I was camping this weekend and pitched my 11' x 10' very very flat, which I was able to do because I've got 12' of tie-out line off each side tie-out tab, and could get the lines to other trees. I "owned" the whole dang tent-site, and had to be careful in my approaches to the tarp so that I didn't accidently decapitate myself walking through some Lash-It at neck level ok, I exaggerate, a little. Point is, I don't have to use all that cord to pitch the tarp. To pull the sides out, you do. Big Foot (print).

Grizz

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    In thinking through the issue of the gtie out lines.. It seems to me the lower the closer the eave seams are to the ground the shorter the tie outs need to be. Which brings us back to the issue of having a very wide A-frame pitch with side walls and end caps. Once again a significant claim to real estate in the woods. What happens if the hammock is covered by a weather cap and, if needed, a side drape? Supershelter type arrangement. Obviously one loses the tarp as a shelter for cooking and waiting, but with the size and wieght of the shelter system, a second tarp could be strung from a ridgeline to trees to provide a canopy type arrangement on one side of the hammock if needed. Because the hammock is protected from all sides, the canopy would not have to be re-ptiched in the middle of the night for protection. If needed for cooking protection It could be easily flipped and restaked during the awake time. .
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12