Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultralite zip mod
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Winter Nest
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I asked mine, she said to hang it between two palm trees in Hawaii.
    “The censorious said she slept in a hammock and understood Yeats's poems, but her family denied both stories.”
    ― Saki, The Chronicles of Clovis

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    buy her an Incubator like mine did
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

Talking sorry this is old but i wanted to share

my wife told me last night when we set up her Warbonnet Ridge runner that she totally gets it why I enjoy laying in the hammock to camp. She had a grand trunk double but the bug net and the ridge runner make her excited to go hammock camping. she is ready to figure out something to do with our 3yo son to go camping.

and she said to get me a Blackbird!

plus we have to find a site that can let us set up 4 hammocks
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    There are several facets here that you're going to have to tackle. One, Pavlov conditioning (famous experiment where ringing a bell causes the dog to salivate) is essential. You are going to have to directly address her concerns and needs. For example...

bugs - use a mosquito coil and/or several citronella candles scattered around your camp
    preparing to go - you do most of the work, at least until you have "set the hook"
    being dirty/uncomfortable - go to a campground that has showers, flush toilets, and preferably a pool or rent a cabin. Is that the way you like to camp? No. But, it's a great way to ease HER into camping.

If she comes back thinking, "Wow - that was fun and easy.", you're on your way to winning that battle. If she comes back thinking, "That was uncomfortable and a lot of work.", the battle is pretty much over and you have lost.

Second, think "boiling a frog". If you go full rustic, she's probably going to hate it. So, go car camping first. Take good food, wine, ... everything she likes and make it for her. My wife loved me cooking her a really nice tasty meal. Later, you can also show that just going somewhere for a day and spending the night doesn't take a lot of prep.

Your first battle is to get her to love it. Then, gradually wean her off of the amenities. My wife loved sitting around the fire after the kids had gone to sleep, drinking wine, looking at the stars, and talking to each other.

If you have kids, they are going to get bored unless they have things to do. Take slingshots, bow/arrows, books, BB guns, whatever. I showed my kids how to make a small fire. Then, I told them they had 10 minutes to collect their fire-making material and get it prepared. Then, I would strike a spark to it and we'd see whose fire started. Of course, they failed. I told them how to change it so it would work and sent them off for round 2. I think I got 3 or 4 rounds out of them before they started getting bored. They loved that one. Take board and/or card games with you.

The bottom line is you're going to have to a lot of work yourself and it's probably not going to be the style of camping you like, at first. Pay attention to the reasons she's giving for not going camping and resolve them.

Then again, you may also discover that one of the reasons why you like camping is because she's not there. She might enjoy a vacation every now and then from you too. Nothing wrong with that.

HTH
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Hammock
    DIY 11'
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Sleep bag
    Suspension
    Home made Whoopies
    Good luck! My spouse will not join me and the kids no matter what I try. More than willing to buy us the gear needed at least.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC 1.7dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG All Around
    Suspension
    Straps and DUTCH
    The Wife will have her hammock by the end of next week, and shes excited. If it's packaged as family time/time alone together she'd fight a bear to do it.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    My wife does not like for me to go to hangs by myself because according to her I have too much fun, so she tries to go with me.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images

How to CONVINCE your wife to go hammock camping!

===> A $200 gift card to Sephora usually works for me. She gets me doing odd things with a card from Sur La Table.

~ SkyPainter
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    My new warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I made my girlfriend her own hammock and underquilt as my first DIY projects.that way the next time we went camping she had to sleep in them just out of guilt since I spent so much time making them for her now she loves it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    I bombarded her with the Shug collection of video's. She now wants a Warbonnet Blackbird . Thanks Shug.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast